7 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
This exclusive Financial Controller position is with a global Oil & Gas business but this subsidiary operates as an exceptionally well run SME business across Europe & Africa. Our client is looking for a hands-on Financial Controller to lead the accounting operations within the UK, which serves markets throughout Europe and Africa.
Well known Oil & Gas business that is part of a global organisation
Responsible for monthly close process and the generation of timely, quality financial statements and reporting packages on a monthly, half year and annual basis. Provide analysis and strategic support to regional leadership. Opportunity to work with global finance to streamline global reporting and analysis, and potential for system upgrade.
- Control of the day to day running of the Finance and Admin departments
- Produce monthly management accounts
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Prepare half year and year end statutory reporting packs. Work with external auditors to validate these reports.
- Ensure accuracy of revenue recognition, cost of sales and inventory
- Work with UK management on effective credit control and direct involvement with cash collection
- Work with company management and our bankers to authorise and procure bank bond
- Ensure compliance with UK payroll tax/VAT reporting
- Regular weekly/monthly reporting
- Qualified accountant (CA/ACA/ACMA/ACCA or equivalent)
- At least five years post qualifying experience
- Demonstrable experience of leading a small team
- Knowledge of UK statutory reporting / tax requirements
- Work in a hands-on role for an autonomous company within a large public corporation, preferably in the Oil & Gas industry
- Advanced Excel skills and good working knowledge of other MS Office products
- Implementation work on an ERP system would be advantageous
- Experience of payroll systems and Quickbooks would be an advantage
Competitive basic salary of £45,000 - £55,000 per annum, dependant on experience plus pension and discretionary bonus.