The Staff Accountant is responsible for account reconciliations, various month end tasks and journal entries, fixed asset management and data analysis and reporting. This role will work under the guidance and support of the Senior Accountant and Assistant Controller.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Prepare balance sheet analyses and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and record month end accrual journal entries.
- Oversee the preparation of Sales & Use Tax returns.
- Manage Fixed Assets, including tracking capital expenditures, capitalizing and disposing of assets, maintaining depreciation schedules, recording monthly depreciation and preparing property tax returns.
- Support development of capital, property tax and business license budget.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial projections.
- Assist in gathering information for annual financial statement audit.
- Develop and generate various financial reports.
- Assist in managing monthly office rent payments.
- Other accounting tasks as assigned.
Education And/or Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required.
- Must have excellent Excel skills.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proactive and attentive to deadlines.
- At least 3 years of professional experience required preferable in a law firm or professional services environment.