Accountant (Non-profit Experience Preferred)
Under the direction of our Director of Finance, the Accountant is responsible for performing functions related to the daily financial and operational management of a non–profit organization. This includes a variety of reconciliation, review and processing duties, ensuring accurate and timely financial recordkeeping, budgeting, reporting, and supervising the Bookkeeper.
- Supervise Bookkeeper to ensure that all relevant financial and transaction data is entered and categorized in accounting software accurately and on a timely basis to ultimately ensure accuracy of financial statements
- Review and approve revenue and expense entries
- Payroll reconciliation and processing
- Accounts Payable – review payments and generate checks, ensure accuracy between invoices and payment method, ensure all back–up data is obtained and filed; manage vendor accounts; generate year–end 1099s
- Accounts Receivable – coordinate deposits and prepare invoice requests, ensure accuracy, ensure all back–up data is obtained and filed
- Reporting – generate monthly financial reports, contract vouchers, funder fiscal reports; prepare files and other documents for audits
- Filing/Recordkeeping – oversee and ensure accurate and organized records/documents through existing or their preferred filing system
- Perform other special projects and analysis as assigned by the Director of Finance
??? Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years' accounting experience (non–profit experience preferred)
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Coding expenses to the correct grant and grant budget tracking preferred
- Proven expertise with QuickBooks, NetSuite, or comparable accounting software (experience with NetSuite preferred)
- At least one year of payroll experience
- Highly detail–oriented and organized to ensure work product accuracy
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite and demonstrated ability to learn new programs
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and verbal skills
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Good interpersonal skills and flexibility within a small office, along with confidentiality and thoroughness
- Great judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Understanding of and commitment to LCLC's mission is required, as is ability to work well on a team
- Familiarity with the North Lawndale community preferred
- Willingness to live in North Lawndale preferred
- Minorities and veterans encouraged to apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to: Latrionna Moore, at .
Include position title in email subject. The position, which is available immediately, will remain open until filled.
Lawndale Christian Legal Center is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and organizational needs. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of those we serve.
???North Lawndale residents and minorities encouraged to apply.