Valuation Risk Analyst
5 days left
- Full time
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the Investment Banking business
- Involvement in the mark review cycle issuing reporting on Prudent Valuation, Significant Transaction Review, Fair Value Measurement, etc.
- Assist in driving process improvements projects, such as automation and innovation initiatives through our change management program and in close cooperation with IT
- Engagement with the other offices globally, including New York, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo – frequent collaboration with senior leadership in these locations
- A competitive salary and benefit package
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Continued professional development based on your career interests
- The ability to grow and shape your own career
- Contract via 3rd-party agency
- Manage, coordinate and execute the front-to-back process of reporting mark review results for senior management, regulators and partner organizations across the firm
- Work in a team environment covering primary responsibilities, including Mark Review results, STAR (Significant Transactions Analytical Review), Fair Value Measurement, Prudent Valuation, Investment Reporting and Market Data sourcing
- Partner directly with senior leaders in the department across the global landscape
- Liaise with internal and external audit, serving as a subject matter expert on reporting processes and function
- Enhance and streamline existing working processes and partner with Technology to drive improvements and change in the Agile framework
- Manage and execute monthly, quarterly and annual processes as part of the centralized reporting organization in Valuation Control
- Gain exposure to the mark review process, key personnel performing the function and insight into our Asset Class coverage (i.e. Equity, Commodities, Credit, Investments, Lending, etc.)
- Understand global financial markets, follow market movements and comprehend the impact on the portfolio and firm
- Strong academics required, with preference for a quantitative discipline such as financial engineering, mathematics, physics, engineering or other technical field
- Strong organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Problem solving skills with which you can apply logical thinking to manage and prioritize competing tasks
- The ability to be flexible and adapt quickly
- Strong attention to detail
- Curiosity and eagerness to engage in professional development
- Fluency in English
Morgan Stanley Valuation Control provide an independent valuation opinion across the entire spectrum of financial instruments within the firm's sales and trading inventory and proprietary investment portfolio, ranging from vanilla products to the most complex structured and derivative transactions. The team leverages its diverse quantitative skill set and intimate product expertise to act as a guardian and approver of valuation methodology. The group's key clients are senior trading management and senior Finance management.
The team is mandated to perform an independent valuation assessment on the diverse range of financial products. This process involves the certification of models and their valuation methodologies, testing for adherence to such methodologies, evaluating internal valuation marks against external benchmarks, identification and resolution of valuation discrepancies, and communicating a valuation assessment to senior management. The team is also involved in the continuous enhancements of the valuation control infrastructure with a view towards global and cross-product standardization.
Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place to learn, grow and achieve. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects who you are as a person.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.