Capital Allowances Tax Assistant
Overall job purpose
To assist the national capital allowance team in providing efficient and
effective capital allowance advice to a range of clients, while promoting the
firm at all times.
- To assist in the preparation of capital allowance claims including analysis of expenditure into capital allowance pools, identification and valuation of fixtures using HMRC’s approved methods, and preparation of reports for delivery to clients.
- To review legal documentation to confirm entitlement to claim capital allowances.
- To attend site visits at clients’ properties across the UK.
- To liaise with colleagues in the national capital allowance team based in various offices.
- To assist with the identification of opportunities for a capital allowance review within RSM’s client base.
- To ensure tax quality at all times by adhering to the firms quality standards.
- To carry out duties assigned to you efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firms’ tax procedures.
- To maintain contact with senior colleagues ensuring they are fully informed of issues arising from the work undertaken.
- To ensure that review points raised on the work by senior colleagues are cleared promptly.
- To record time spent on each client’s affairs using relevant computer software.
- If studying, to achieve passes in all exams within the time parameters given and in the professional exams at first attempt.
- To treat client staff with respect and courtesy, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To attend staff meetings and training as required.
- To maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any partner.
Minimum QualificationsThe role requires:
- A minimum of a B in Maths and English at GCSE level (or equivalent).
- At least 2 strong A-levels (grade B+) or equivalent.
- Working towards a relevant professional qualification such as ATT, CTA, ACA.
- At least one years’ experience working within a capital allowance team.
- Work experience gained in a client or customer facing environment would be advantageous.
- Experience gained in accounting, tax or financial services would be a distinct advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.