Tax – Financial Services, Transfer Pricing – Senior/ Staff Accountant
Our tax service revolves around helping EY clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a team of 35,000 tax professionals across the globe in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks supports you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, reduce risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Human Capital, Indirect Tax Services, International Tax Services and Transaction Tax Services.
As a Transfer Pricing Senior Accountant, you'll thoroughly and accurately analyse information, apply economic/financial knowledge to client situations and develop effective approaches to clients' financial circumstances. Subsequently, you'll take a lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans. You'll also develop and provide transfer pricing and economic ideas with timely, responsive services/work products, and identify opportunities for transfer pricing and other special services. In addition, you'll prepare documentation, participate in advance pricing agreements (APAs) and defend transfer pricing in audits. As a senior, you'll also work in the valuation of intangible assets and develop practical planning services. You will demonstrate dedication to quality in all aspects of your work, which will include help manage client service team members and contributing to the achievement of team goals.
Your key responsibilities
- Analyse a company’s business operations and commercial arrangements with affiliates from an economic value chain perspective.
- Analyse a company’s financial performance using corporate finance and other analytical techniques
- Help senior team members prepare for and conduct fact-gathering interviews
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be provided to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships with other members of the transfer pricing team and across other services
- Contribute to performance feedback for professionals
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining transfer pricing professionals
- Maintain an educational program to develop personal skills on an ongoing basis
Skills and attributes for success
- Candidate who is agile, responsive and responsible
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum 2 years of experience in transfer pricing in accounting firm or related corporate environment (Candidate with less experience will be considered for the position as staff accounts)
- Relevant degree or post-graduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Law; A qualification certificate is preferred
- Demonstrated ability and interest to undertake research, functional and financial analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Excellent knowledge of computer skills including Microsoft Excel
- Some familiarity with coding and/or statistical packages is desirable but not required.
- The ability to thrive within a fast-paced, professional services environment
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who enjoy promoting the people agenda in organizations and change initiatives, bringing people issues and challenges to the forefront. You’ll need the confidence to keep the people agenda front and centre, and the interpersonal skills and communications savvy to do this in a way that integrates well with executive priorities and objectives.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.