Lead Solution Advisor
ONLY FOR ACCA MEMBERS
Deloitte & Touche’s Controllership market offering helps CFOs, CCOs, controllers, and business unit finance leaders reduce financial reporting risk resulting from changes in statutory reporting requirements, market volatility, and corporate actions or events; increase the financial integrity and transparency of cost allocations; enhance the efficiency of the “last mile of finance;” transform the finance function; and enhance the value that finance delivers to their business.
Work you will do:
As part of the team, the Lead/Senior Solution Advisor provides consulting services by working with Deloitte teams on a wide variety of corporations, including multinational companies across all industry segments, including financial services, energy, manufacturing, and health sciences. Sample consultant responsibilities may include:
- Designing accounting data models and rules engines to deliver higher quality and more accessible financial information
- Applying a deep understanding of Tier 1 Accounting Information Science technologies (e.g., SAP and/or Oracle) to solve business issues in an efficient and effective manner
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
- Understand current state finance data architecture, compare finance data elements (Chart of Accounts, Profit Center, Cost Center etc.) against industry benchmarks, identify gaps in current state, rationalize and design future state finance data architecture
- Mapping the legacy master data and enterprise structure (Cost Centers, Profit Centers, GL Accounts, etc.) to the future state data elements
- Apply technical (SQL + Qlik Sense) and functional (Data Architecture) knowledge to build Deloitte’s proprietary tool used for mapping and reconciliation
- Lead design workshops with client and the project delivery from USI and guide other professionals in the team
- Understand current state finance allocations, identify the cost drivers and determine how cost and profit allocations are being done across different business units and product lines, identify gaps in current state, rationalize and design future state finance allocations
- Creating models for allocation of cost and profitability using tools and technologies like SAP PaPM and/or cost perform
- Leading client workshops for requirements gathering and gathering functional requirements in user stories that convey what is required to be built
- Developing system requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementation
The Team: Controllership
Deloitte Advisory’s Controllership team helps organizations reduce risk and improve reporting capabilities to meet accounting and regulatory requirements, governance in complex operating models, and support for major business events and transactions. Controllership team provides an extensive range of financial accounting and reporting services with a comprehensive industry-focused approach.
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and use of Accounting Information Science technologies (e.g., SAP and/or Oracle) to solve business issues
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology/ ACCAs / CAs / CPAs with mandatory technology (ERP, SQL, Visualization tools) knowledge and experience
- Project experience in areas such as process mapping, root cause/gap analysis/best fit, requirements gathering / definition development, financial modeling and value mapping
- Experience with design phase of ERP transformation
- Understanding of agile methodology along with experience in sprints
- Extensive experience with a variety of analytics tools such as SAS, SQL, VBA, QlikSense, Tableau, PowerBi, Alteryx etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of cost modelling and understanding of how cost allocations are done
- Alteryx Certification
- Working knowledge of SAP crystal reports
- Independent thinker and resourceful problem solver with an ability to exercise mature judgment
- Takes ownership and drives toward a successful outcome
- Can see the big picture and naturally looks for what other client problems the team can solve
- Ability to work independently and in teams to manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills; including presentation, interpersonal communication, and facilitation skills
- Brings a genuine approach to day-to-day dealings that includes the highest ethical standard
How you will grow
At Deloitte, we have invested a great deal to create a rich environment in which our professionals can grow. We want all our people to develop in their own way, playing to their own strengths, as they hone their leadership skills. And, as a part of our efforts, we provide our professionals with a variety of learning and networking opportunities—including exposure to leaders, sponsors, coaches, and challenging assignments—to help accelerate their careers along the way. No two people learn in exactly the same way. So, we provide a range of resources, including live classrooms, team-based learning, and eLearning. Deloitte University (DU): The Leadership Center in India, our state-of-the-art, world-class learning center in the Hyderabad offices is an extension of the DU in Westlake, Texas, and represents a tangible symbol of our commitment to our people’s growth and development. Explore DU: The Leadership Center in India.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture that is inclusive, invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. In the United States, Deloitte refers to one or more of the US member firms of DTTL, their related entities that operate using the “Deloitte” name in the United States and their respective affiliates. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
APPLY ONLY IF YOU HAVE ACCA MEMBERSHIP