Our client is one of the oldest and largest NYC based law firms. Currently the are looking to add a Staff Accountant to their finance team.
JOB IS REMOTE FOR FORSEEABLE FUTURE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform general accounts (Balance Sheet and P&L) analysis monthly in accordance with yearly audit requirements. Including comparisons to forecasted results and trended results.
- Perform and analyze general account reconciliations including bank statements, fixed assets, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Prepare and post journal entries by maintaining files and records, and reconciling accounts.
- Review general ledger expense coding i.e. for sales/use tax compliance as well as budgeting
- Perform the processing of monthly expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, weekly/ monthly partner packages and bank surveys/covenants.
- Assist in maintaining the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules. Provides monthly detail for general journal entries and insures proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Train to act as a backup for other functions within the Accounting Department.
- Ad Hoc analyses/projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or Finance
- Prior Law Firm experience preferred
- Strong Financial Systems skill, including advanced usage of Microsoft Excel
If interested, please apply!
The Solomon Page Distinction
Our teams, comprised of subject matter experts, develop an interest in your preferences and goals and we act as an advisor for your career advancement. Solomon Page has an extensive network of established clients which allows us to present opportunities that are well–suited to your respective goals and needs – this specialized approach sets us apart in the industries we serve.
About Solomon Page
Founded in 1990, Solomon Page is a specialty niche provider of staffing and executive search solutions across a wide array of functions and industries. The success of Solomon Page reflects an organic growth strategy supported by a highly entrepreneurial culture. Acting as a strategic partner to our clients and candidates, we focus on providing customized solutions and building long–term relationships based on trust, respect, and the consistent delivery of excellent results. For more information and additional opportunities, visit: solomonpage.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.