Finance Associate - Finance Support
Finance Associate – Finance Support Team
The Financial Operations team is responsible for supplier invoice processing, payments and other financial transactional processes. This role will be part of a team with responsibility for one or more of these processes and associated supplier and business engagement. Our team in Financial Operations is customer service focused, striving to achieve best in practice in providing support to our internal and external customers. The ideal candidate for this role will enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional manner at al times. They will strive on change within a culture of continuous improvement. This role is based in Primark Head Office in Dublin.
What the role will involve:
What we're looking for:
- Excellent English both oral and written with additional language a plus
- Diploma/degree standard of education preferably in a business/administration related discipline and/or an interest in pursuing same
- Experience in a similar role in a shared service environment is highly desirable
- Highest level of attention to detail is required
- Other desirable experience/awareness in a retail environment includes:
- Knowledge of letters of credit and forward collection payment arrangements
- Commission, Inspection and supplier claims processes
- Knowledge of customs & duty processes
- Knowledge of reprocessing and supplier returns
- Understanding the supply chain and its touch points with Financial Operations
- Understanding of Buying & Merchandising and its touch points with Financial Operations
- IT skills to include MS Word, Excel , Outlook, and PowerPoint are essential
- Strong interpersonal skills – with a proactive curious mind and a desire for continuous learning and development
- A flexible approach to work and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to use own initiative
- Be proactive & assertive in reacting to key business requirements in a timely manner
Why work with us?
There’s the competitive salary, of course. But our team in Dublin covers many different countries, giving you the opportunity to work with colleagues from all over the world. Our people make our brand which means more responsibility, and the freedom and space to grow and do things their way. And we have an amazing programme of structured learning and development to help with that, covering everything from mindfulness sessions to developing your presenting skills. What’s more, you’ll also be part of a busy, friendly work environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.