Knowledge Manager for Tax - Associate Director
EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
EY is investing in the development of a modern and efficient knowledge sharing environment so that the most valuable asset of EY, the knowledge of our consultants and employees, is readily available to enable teams to win in the market and deliver exceptional client service on engagements. The role of the knowledge manager is integral to making this happen.
The Knowledge Manager – Associate Director is responsible for leading the coordination and timely delivery of end-to-end KM products & services (content, community, and culture activities) as set out in the domain’s integrated knowledge plan. This position will consult with the Domain Knowledge Leader, may have agreed stakeholder relationships to manage, and will work closely with the Domain KM Lead to deliver on the globally funded remit of KM services. This position will also elevate some KM products and services e.g. for specific accounts, market segments, or firm functions that may be delivered by prior agreement through Insights Plus (fee for service basis). EY Knowledge has developed standardized products, methodologies and templates to deliver a consistent experience to clients, to improve quality, to reduce duplication and to drive ongoing innovation. This position is responsible for role modeling the use of KM products and services and mentoring more junior members of the team, ensuring service execution standards and driving consistency of delivery, using agreed templates, and making recommendations to streamline, simplify, and improve business impact and efficiency. The Knowledge Manager – Associate Director will have a primary domain focus and will be expected to proactively lead and engage in cross domain programs to bring elevated impact. This position will deliver against the full end-to-end knowledge management value chain including content, community and culture activities. Overall success will be measured by the achievement of domain KM priorities and contributions to KM expectations and functional KPIs. This position role models a “continuous improvement” mindset, provides constructive challenge and feedback within the team, and demonstrates high-performance teaming.
Your key responsibilities:
Knowledge Managers at the Associate Directors rank will be responsible for the following activities:
- Delivers end-to-end KM products & services for agreed domain priorities aligned to KM expectations (consistent standards, methods, etc.)
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships that demonstrate commercial and entrepreneurial mindset; develop and maintain relationship plans
- Collaborates and works closely with Domain KM Portfolio lead to develop KM plan
- Engages and leads on cross domain programs that deliver elevated IKP impact to the business
- Leads change, innovation and service excellence across EY Knowledge’s end-to-end KM capability
- Drives consistent knowledge management service delivery aligned to methods, standards, etc. and elevate ideas to simplify and improve
- Measure success of the end-to-end KM delivery via domain and functional KPIs; ensures timely completion of time and project tracking; leverages common reporting and analytics to improve performance; proactive elevates opportunities to improve service delivery
- Actively contributes to the development of knowledge management skill building, career maps, onboarding programs and to the team’s priorities and plans
- Effectively collaborates across geographies and cultures
- Develops Knowledge Managers through effective performance measurement, providing timely feedback, and assuming counseling responsibilities
- Contributes to the team’s vision, strategy and direction. Manages project/program scope variance(s), anticipates time and budget overruns, communicates and effectively resolves project/program-related challenges - with appropriate support, as needed.
- Adheres to EY and EY Knowledge policies, guidelines and standards in relation to responsible use of content, platforms and solution configuration while also raising ideas and opportunities for enhancements and innovation
- Understands the firm’s go-to-market strategy and service delivery models, how core business services support business lines, and how knowledge management strategies enable exceptional client service and high performing teams.
- Understands EY Next Wave Strategy, EY Knowledge priorities and the latest knowledge management end to end process and ensures key knowledge management strategies are aligned to them
- Manages complex to highly complex projects requiring the ability to create and implement timelines related to project deliverables & assign tasks
- Ensures successful KPIs/measurement, reporting and support is in place to communicate progress, success or escalates issues so that teams succeed in meeting their goals.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Demonstrates growth and entrepreneurial mindset
- Is instinctively collaborative and commercial; ability to engage effectively with stakeholders
- Program management and service execution rigor / discipline; performance excellence driven
- Strong influencing capability; engages in difficult conversations to improve impact
- Knowledge management expertise, including content practices, culture adoption & activation, and community / network management
- In-depth domain understanding (Service Line, Industry Market, Markets/Area/Region)
- Demonstrated experience in driving change
- Strong people leader; proven leadership abilities and team building experience
- Ability to operate digitally and display a digital mindset
- This position will manage a dispersed, globally located team Knowledge Managers and project teams aligned to agreed capacity
- This position has responsibility to mentor a dispersed, globally located team of Knowledge Managers.
- This position operates collaboratively and with a high degree of independence within the constraints of the products and services catalog
- May require occasional travel, both domestic and international
- Operating as part of a global team this position will require flexing the hours worked to accommodate global time zones
- Proficient in English, both written and verbal
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s/University degree, preferably in business
- Advanced degree a plus
- 10 to 12 years of knowledge management or equivalent experience
- Five to ten years or more relevant domain /function experience
- Experience with key knowledge management concepts, tools and techniques (e.g. community facilitation, after action reviews) and or comparable experience
- Professional service industry experience or professional services client-serving experience strongly preferred
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Demonstrated understanding and relevant experience in the assigned knowledge domain
- Robust understanding of knowledge management approaches and their application, paired with the ability to articulate the value they bring to the business and drive buy-in and sponsorship from the business
- Good understanding of knowledge infrastructure and relevant domain-specific technology solutions to facilitate stakeholder discussions and identify expert resources to bring to discussions when needed
- Consultative mindset and integrated teaming approach to service delivery.
What we look for:
We’re interested professionals with excellent communication skills to influence effectively to lead change with people on a global basis. We look for someone with strong executive presence and demonstrated success in building relationships at a senior level.
What working at EY offers:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.