Sustainability Reporting #167927
Your field of responsibility
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
The Finance division at Credit Suisse aspires to be the best Finance division in the industry and a core driver of the bank’s vision. Our focus is to manage the bank’s capital, funding, liquidity and expenses to ensure we are well capitalized and have a strong enough balance sheet to withstand adversity and uncertainty. We are committed to drive cost efficiencies, improve control, quality and efficiency of our information and to engage with the businesses to actively prepare the bank for regulatory changes. To fulfill our directive we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We need to attract the best people and engage, grow and retain talents through an exciting and inclusive partnership culture.
This role supports the Credits Suisse Group’s recently launched efforts to establish and introduce Corporate Sustainability Reporting to External Stakeholders, providing the candidate with both the ability to utilize their strong experience in that field, together with technical accounting and analytical skills as well as the opportunity to work across numerous partners to drive the implementation of new this new reporting from start to finish
Core Tasks include:
- Technical analysis and interpretation of new sustainability accounting and reporting requirements, including drafting of requirements.
- This includes monitoring upcoming sustainability requirements and discussing potential impacts with partners.
- Perform a detailed impact analysis of the new requirements. Meet with partners to understand both technical, process and control impacts.
- Prepare and present education material to all impacted partners
- Represent Credit Suisse at industry working groups on new sustainability accounting standards.
- Project manage and drive the implementation of the new sustainability accounting and reporting requirements across Credit Suisse.
Your skills and experience
- Chartered Accountant / CPA with proven work experience in a similar position within the banking industry or a Big 4 accounting firm.
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and / or IFRS with genuine enthusiasm and ability for researching and solving technical accounting and operational issues and queries is essential. In addition, experience in US GAAP/ IFRS financial reporting and SEC reporting would be a plus!
- A proficient understanding of banking products from wealth management, asset management and investment banking business
- Experience in the field of Sustainability Reporting matters is critical
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Able to take complex accounting and reporting concepts and explain them in everyday language as well as build positive relationships with internal clients in different locations to understand and address their needs.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Ability to identify, understand and research complex issues/risks. Develop solutions that resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Change management experience, project leadership skills with ability and experience of driving projects, delivering end to end.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
Mr N. Scialom would be happy to receive your application.
Please apply via our career-portal.
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.