Payment Officer - Nanjing
For our office in Nanjing, we are looking for a payment officer within our Fund Services department. We offer a young, dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
- Follow strict policies and procedures to input, verify, and release wire transfers through online banking platforms;
- Meet critical deadlines for all payment processing work, adhering to client timelines and bank payment cut-off times;
- Maintain high levels of accuracy, even when under time pressure in the case of urgent payments;
- Ensure timely and accurate logging and filing of all supporting documentation in relation to payments to ensure a clear audit trail;
- Create custom reports as required by the Asia-Pacific client facing teams by compiling data from multiple sources;
- Work as part of the wider team to streamline production and enhance policies, procedures and workflows, suggesting new ideas and providing feedback from your day to day work;
- Use effective listening skills and professional verbal and written communication to liaise with internal teams;
- Approach your work with a continual awareness of the risks that are inherent in a payment processing function with a commitment to identify and report risk issues;
- Have the mindset to become a subject matter expert on all aspects of the payment process to be in a position to help train new team members and also other client facing teams.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese;
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline preferred but not required;
- 0-3 years of professional experience, ideally including processing transactions, reviewing documentation, using transaction systems and data entry;
- Experience with treasury, financial accounting or other transaction systems is a plus;
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience;
- High level of attention to detail at all times;
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and work under pressure to meet a range of deadlines;
- Proactive, client service approach with strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Possess team spirit with the ability to work independently using your own initiative when appropriate;
- Willing to adopt formal flexible hours if required with either a 7.00am or 9.00am start time to accommodate bank cut off times (whilst maintaining a standard 8 hours’ work day).