Financial Accountant - Stock
Location: Dublin Head Office
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of periodic financial and management accounts.
- Preparation of statutory accounts for a number of international legal entities.
- Liaise with audit teams and other advisors ensuring timely and accurate completion of all statutory obligations for a number of legal entities.
- Assist in the submission of periodic reporting packs to ABF (Associated British Foods).
- Involvement in technical financial accounting advice, researching the impact of accounting policy decisions on the business and advising of relevant changes.
- Support projects such as transition to Oracle Retail this may involve testing or covering period close activities if others in the team are completing testing
- Significant cross-functional working across Finance, Oracle Project team and Planning & Space
- Comfortable working and taking responsibility in a dynamic environment
Education and Training
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 1+ years’ post qualification experience (preferably in a retail environment)
- Experience in stock and intercompany accounting an advantage
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate to all levels within the business
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills
- English is essential and other European language would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated initiative with strong work ethic
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong Excel skills are required
- Oracle Financials, Excel4apps and Cognos would be an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.