Digibank - Treasury Lead (Dir)
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.
We are living in exciting times. Technology is reshaping how we live and we want to use it redefine how financial services are offered, which is why Singtel and Grab are coming together. Singtel is Asia’s leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services while Grab is the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to consumers. Together, we have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to become the Lead Treasurer to be based in Singapore. You will be working in close cooperation with the Group Treasury function in Singapore and your primary responsibilities will be; to manage liquidity position, manage the overall net interest income, and market risk profile (including FX and interest rate risks and credit risks). Your aim will be to optimize the return while staying in compliance with all internal and regulatory limits and not endangering any re-payment obligations, taking into consideration the cash needs of all business lines and facilitating the management’s strategy. You will also own various Treasury processes. You will work with the technology team to make any necessary enhancements to address issues systematically.
Get to know the Role:
- Chairing the local ALCO (Asset-Liability Committee)
- Prepare and present reports and findings, including financial information to assist ALCO’s decision making and play the secretarial role for the country and regional ALCO
- Monitor the strategic balance sheet measures to ensure adherence to approved limits.
- Coordinate the annual review and renewal of approved structural limits.
- Managing capital requirements and projections
- Ensure that responsibilities to manage structural liquidity and capital risks are discharged in line with the bank’s risk management framework.
- To support the ALCO with analytics and developing solutions to maintain a strong balance sheet, liquidity and regulatory capital which supports business objectives and complies with the policy and local country regulations.
- Lead and drive working groups appointed by ALCO to address strategic issues that impact Balance Sheet, Liquidity and Capital
- Lead and drive the annual ICAAP and other stress test exercise
- Nostro, money market and securities portfolio management necessary for liquidity purposes (initiation and execution of payments) and net interest income optimization
- Performing liquidity forecasts and ongoing monitoring of liquidity
- Managing Treasury’s credit and market risk exposures to ensure they are in line with risk and regulatory limits
- Managing overall net interest income and risk profile
- Execution of forex and derivatives transactions necessary for market risk management
- Enhance processes and procedures and mitigate operational risk within liquidity and capital management and reporting processes. Ensure consistent capital and liquidity management processes operate in country in line with Group best practices.
- Ensure robust process controls are in place in line with the operational risk framework.
- Have and maintain good understanding of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to liquidity, capital, recovery and resolution planning and ensure that the countries within the region have appropriate controls to remain compliant with them.
- Ensure there is effective analysis of changes to current regulation that are applicable both from Group and country regulators.
- Liaise with the Central Bank, Auditors and other stakeholders within and outside the bank in relation to the activities within areas of control.
- Ensure effective communication and interpretation of structural liquidity and capital policies and other control requirements
- Providing consistent advice to regional and country management on optimal balance sheet shape (deposit and capital mix, funding and asset profile, currency mix, returns, dividends)
- Ensure adherence to structural liquidity and capital limits, authority frameworks and related minimum control standards and mitigates to ensure risk exposures material to the country remain within risk tolerance and risk appetite.
- Identifying pressure points and merging challenges related to structural liquidity and capital limits in country balance sheets.
- Seek appropriate assurance that structural liquidity and capital policies and other control requirements are effectively implemented and monitor ongoing policy compliance.
The must haves:
- You have at least 15 years of Treasury in financial industry in Singapore
- Solid understanding of banking regulations in Singapore
- Deep understanding of Treasury ALM concepts
- Strong IT skills, especially with SQL and Excel
- Lateral thinker/problem solver in a complex environment
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both within and across business units.
- Able to plan and coordinate effectively and manage expectations to achieve the expected results.
- Able to lead, guide and motivate team to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Ability to construct and deliver clear presentations to senior company executives
- Well-developed communication skills to interact with broad ranges of audiences
- Ability to look beyond individual issues to identify broader themes with wider-reaching impact
- Superb presentation and communication skills
- Experience in project managing complex, cross-functional projects
- Creativity and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments
- A natural leader who displays integrity, humility and responsibility, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to empathise and collaborate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of experience
- A big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented
- Structured thought process and a strong analytical ability, and some experience with operational execution
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively network within the industry and the overall business
- Ambitious, self-driven and highly motivated individual who can work well in a startup VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the performance of their duties.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.