Finance Data - Manager – Dublin
Finance Data – Manager – Dublin
The EY Financial Services (FS) – Consulting team is continuing to grow and develop unique consulting propositions aligned to the market needs and demand. We are currently looking for exceptional Manager level consultants with strong experience in data across the Finance and Risk domains to join the team and drive continued success on a global scale.
EY’s FS Consulting team is experiencing an exciting period of growth due to the Finance sector coming under increasing pressure to transform their Process, Data and Technology capabilities, deliver on a complex change agenda over the next 3 to 5 years and marrying ongoing regulatory demands with new and emerging technology and data related initiatives. As a result of these demands, many Finance functions are turning to us for support. This role will offer a huge variety of challenges and opportunities to make a serious impact on our business, our client’s businesses and your career.
FS Consulting works collaboratively with our global peers and our clients to enhance their ability to solve complex business problems through data led solutions. Our clients need the vision to articulate the big picture and the precision to see the smallest of details. Information and intelligence are the assets which enable this, and we provide innovative approaches to unlocking this information, solving many of our clients’ biggest issues.
We provide the below services within the Finance, Risk and Compliance sectors:
- Finance Data Strategy
- Finance and Risk Data Quality & Governance
- Big Data / Cloud solutions
- Finance Data Modelling
- Finance Data Processing, Mapping and Migration
- Regulatory Reporting Solutions
Your key responsibilities
An ideal candidate will have strong interest to learn about new technologies and data and how to develop solutions across Risk & Finance functions as well as Financial Services.
You will contribute to our Finance and Data expertise working alongside other EY colleagues in Finance, Risk, Data & Analytics, Actuarial and Accounting specialisms to support client engagements and develop thought leadership.
We succeed when we combine high performing team members from a variety of backgrounds. We are therefore looking for a Manager / Senior Manager with industry, consulting, delivery or vendor backgrounds. We will provide the required support to transition into the team if this is your first step into consultancy.
Skills and attributes for success
The ideal candidate will have experience in a selection of the skills below:
- Engage with technical finance data teams to architect analytics solutions with recommendations for design and implementation
- Management of client engagements using design thinking and agile methods
- Engage with the wider EY community to foster collaboration, supporting the growth and development of the Finance Data practice
- Collaborate with our global network of high calibre colleagues to strengthen client propositions
- Contribute towards EY thought leadership and approaches through application of technical and industry knowledge
Skills and attributes for success:
- Advanced problem-solving skills and ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Experience in articulating and translating business questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data
- Relevant, significant tech industry work experience (e.g., as a statistician or data scientist), with expertise in statistical data analysis, such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, and sampling methods
To qualify for this role you must have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field
- Relevant, significant post-education work experience in solving business and analytical problems using quantitative approaches, data analysis techniques for high volume data computation and processing, and SQL in the financial services industry or similar
- Substantial experience in statistical modelling, data visualization, predictive analysis, R, Tableau, Qlikview, SAS, and/or Spotfire.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, pandas), the latest Data science platforms (e.g. Databricks, AzureML) and frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, MXNet, scikit-learn)
- FSO clients work with a large number of technologies and an ideal candidate would have exposure to these or similar / alternative technologies of choice, for instance: Neo4J, OrientDB, GraphQL, REST API, JSON, Cloud Enablement, Containers and Microservices, Digital Currencies and Tokens, Distributed Systems, Blockchain, Test Driven Development, Machine Learning and AI, Smart Contracts, Continuous Integration / Delivery, Digital Governance, Automation
- Experience of managing teams of data analysts, scientists and engineers to develop solutions using agile methods
- Strong inter-personal, collaborative & team player skills
Ideally you will also have:
- A Master’s degree in Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field
- Alternatively, must have a PhD in Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2021 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.