Junior Financial Officer
Who we Are
Alter Domus is a global leader in providing fund and corporate services to the world’s most prominent private equity houses, real estate firms and private debt managers.With more than 15 years of experience and 40 offices and desks around the world, Alter Domus has left a true footprint in the financial industry and gained a global reach. Our commitment and dedication to our clients as well as our expertise and the quality of our services has enabled us to become a true partner of choice in the alternative investment industry.
Since its inception in 2007, our Amsterdam Office offers our clients local expertise in law and finance from outstanding and highly-skilled professionals. This human-sized, yet dynamic office has allowed us to encourage a strong office culture and to significantly grow in both size and expertise.
To pursue our ambitious growth development in the Netherlands, we are currently looking for a Junior Accounting Officer.
As a junior Accounting Officer your will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of tasks including but not limited to:
- Assisting clients in implementing, incorporating and optimizing of holding, financing, and real estate companies and building and maintaining a strong relationship with clients;
- Handling day-to-day operations of companies and responding to client’s requests.
- Responsible for the bookkeeping of a number of companies;
- Responsible for the financial reporting including cash flow management;
- Preparing and coordinating of payments and related transaction monitoring;
- Preparing statutory financial statements and maintaining contact with auditors when applicable;
- Maintaining contacts with property managers, asset managers, tax advisors, lawyers etc.;
- (Assist with)preparing corporate and VAT returns and maintaining relevant contact with tax authorities and tax advisers;
- Taking part in restructuring plans or other transactions in compliance with recommendations of the local regulatory body, including spin- offs mergers and acquisitions.
If you meet the following requirements, you are who we look for:
- You hold a degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics;
- You have 0-5 years of experience in a related environment;
- You have good knowledge of Dutch GAAP;
- You are fluent in Dutch and a good command of verbal and written English;
- You have a strong client-oriented mindset and have a good capacity to build relationships with clients and colleagues;
- You are able to organize, prioritize and manage your work effectively;
- You like challenges, have a natural leadership spirit and like to walk the extra mile.
What we Offer:
- A place that fosters your professional growth and development at every stage of your career;
- An environment that promotes a balanced professional and personal life, where it is not mandatory to adhere to standard office times of 9 to 5;
- The possibility of joining a large global organization while working in small human-sized teams where you can benefit from a mentorship system and receive thoughtful feedback.
- The chance of working with prominent clients in the financial industry (14 of the 20 largest PE houses, 18 of the 20 largest RE firms, 15 of the 20 largest debt managers);
- Innovative learning and leadership development programs via our Alter Domus Academy and on-the-job knowledge;
- Top notch laptop and equipment to facilitate your needs;
- An environment that promotes a balanced professional and personal life;
- A competitive benefit package, including;
- Gym Subscription;
- Fully paid pension plan;
- Unique location nearby the Amsterdamse Bos.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.