Portfolio Services Middle Office, Officer
Who we are looking for
Responsible for the daily delivery of accurate and timely cash and position data to our clients. Under the direction of the AVP/VP, monitors assigned accounts for issues associated with cash, settlements, ad-hoc processing, reporting and performs pre/post cycle reviews. Expected to work with reduced oversight to identify exceptions and escalate issues once appropriate research has been completed. This person will be highly regarded with an excellent track record in his or her current environment and must be a strong decisive results oriented individual who can develop and manage relationships across the company with a wide variety of partners based on trust teamwork and knowledge.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street AlphaSM.
State Street AlphaSM redefines the common definition of ‘alpha’ to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses.
Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Portfolio Services Middle Office, Officer you will
- Performs work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures and analyzes and recommends solutions to complex and non-routine issues and special projects.
- Develops processes, procedures and controls. Handles regular independent interaction with client contacts.
- Focus of job on performing complex tasks and providing business and technical expertise in support of multiple clients. Acts as an advisor to other areas of the organization.
- Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas relating to Enterprise queries.
- Using provided tools, review assigned accounts for issues associated with cash (Overdrafts, reconciliation), positions (trades, other),
- For assigned accounts process month end close functions (validate and sign-off on balances, review for non-base balances)
- Identify data or accounts trends for discussion in group meetings.
- Interact with all internal middle office teams (Accounting, Corporate Actions, Trading, Performance)
- Remain familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
- Build cooperative and professional internal/external relationships achieving group and client goals. Utilize all available resources throughout SSC.
- Cover various management functions and desk coverage when necessary.
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to gain consensus.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in finance, accounting, or technology or equivalent work experience in finance or accounting.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines, including detailed knowledge on all types of financial instruments
- Broad and in-depth understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
- Experience of writing and reviewing business specifications and data mapping.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze on the spot.
- Good team working skills.
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills to audiences (internal and external) of different sizes and levels of seniority.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- PC literate – Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word skills necessary
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.