CMO Finance, Manager
2 days left
- Experience level
Function: Global Markets
Sub Function: Global Managed Services
Job Rank: Manager
Reports to: CMO Finance, Manager
Location: Open to all locations in EMEIA
Managed Services is a critical component of the EY Vision 2020+ strategy and a new area of growth for the firm. GMS is already a $5.3 Billion business (FY20), a target of $6 Billion in FY21 and has plans to grow in excess of $10 Billion over the next few years. In order to meet this strategic objective we are undertaking a change in our operating model to enable our Areas (Americas, EMEIA, APAC) to have the right team in place for Managed Services pursuits.
We are looking for a Commercial Management Organization (CMO) Finance, Manager to join our Managed Services team. As a CMO Finance, Manager, you will play an integral role in defining, implementing and producing best-in-class financial reporting, controls and other processes on Managed Services engagements.
You will report to the CMO Finance, Senior Manager and will work closely with other significant global stakeholders and global delivery and enablement teams.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Implement financial processes and controls across EY Member Firms, alliances, third parties and clients.
- Participate in appropriate deal governance forums.
- Prepare granular financial forecasts and interlock with sub-service line delivery & finance leadership, on a well-defined recurring basis.
- Implement financial forecasts, track actual performance against forecast and conduct root cause analysis to isolate the drivers of any variance to forecast. Collaborate with contract delivery leaders to implement financial recovery plans, as needed.
- Interface with clients to implement contractual invoicing & payment terms.
- Implement new charging constructs, where applicable.
- Manage invoice preparation, submission and collection across EY Member Firms, alliances and third parties.
- Determine revenue allocation mechanisms for the EY Member firms.
- Calculate and prepare payments for EY Member firms.
- Collaborate and interlock seamlessly with key stakeholders (go-to-market, offering, finance and tax leaders).
- Define & produce fit-for-purpose client reporting packs & monthly cadences to support deal governance.
- Define & produce fit-for-purpose EY reporting packs & monthly cadences to support internal governance.
- Standardize and automate financial control and reporting processes, where applicable.
- Leverage deep knowledge of client contracts to optimize EY profitability and drive growth opportunities for EY and clients.
- Consolidate & archive artefacts and learnings to enhance future Managed Services pursuits and deliverability.
- The job title does not define or limit your duties and you may be required to carry out other work within your abilities from time to time on request
Skills and attributes for success
- Expertise and acumen in contract financial management and commercial operations, within the Professional Services domain.
- Experience in successful change management initiatives.
- Experience in process design, implementation and standardization.
- Experience in alternative fee arrangements.
- Proactive collaboration across various client and internal stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, with capability to work independently to plan, structure, and execute recurring processes and deliverables.
- Attention to detail, continually produce work of high-quality.
- Comfortability in and experience of success working in unstructured environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for client C-Suite and EY senior stakeholders
- Strong business partnering skills enabling working across teams.
- Ability to produce work of consistently high-quality under pressure (time & outcomes)
- Ability/credibility to influence key EY and client stakeholders - personal style, experience and approach
- A high level of drive, ability to work independently and deal effectively with ambiguity and change
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 5+ years of working in a complex managed services environment.
- 5+ years in a MS commercial finance role, within the Professional Services domain.
- Collaboration skills; working effectively with groups across the worlds and all levels in EY.
- Initiative, resourcefulness, creativity.
- High level of flexibility, drive and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong organization skills, with capability to work independently to plan, structure, and execute workstream activities.
- High attention to detail and continually produces work of high-quality.
- Successful working in unstructured environments.
- Successful in driving change.
- Expert capabilities in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required – Business, Computer Science, Engineering
Ideally, you’ll also have
- CPA, CFA and / or MBA qualifications preferred.
What working at EY offers
At EY we are united by our shared values and dedication to delivering exceptional client service. We offer an environment that supports inclusion and flexibility along with a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.