Almost 300 employees have already joined the ranks of the new financial center, whose headquarter is located in Poznan.
The Polish financial center is a part of GSK global operating model, responsible for serving the European region in terms of Planning & Reporting and Close & Control activities, as well as more complex accounting activities.
The role drive R&D C&C Financial reporting (including capital) and delivers high-quality reporting, forecasting and analysis for new and existing Pharma R&D Operational Excellence / restructuring programs, representing spend of ~£100m pa.
RESPONSIBILITIES:Drive delivery and performance of Financial Reporting activities locally (high end) and at the BPO (General Ledger, Period End Close and Balance Sheet Reconciliation activities) for a set of given marketsAccountable for day to day BPO delivery of operations, designing, embedding and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) [Lead & Lag] and Service Level agreements (SLAs), ensuring customer issues are identified and promptly resolved and proactively identifying any issues or risks to the service. You establish lead metrics to proactively identify challenges to come.Monitor BPO capabilities, identifying training requirements, attrition risks and deploying plans accordinglyEscalate issues through FS governance, including Service Alerts where required, having clearly identify blockers, support required and proposing solutionsIdentify and propose Continuous Improvement Ideas for implementationDrive the simplification and standardization process of Financial Reporting activities, including the identification of best practices and adoption of these and consistent ways of working throughout your local & outsourced teamsParticipate into or lead smaller Financial Reporting projects in collaboration with GPO, Global & FS Transformation teams and other departmentsEmbed Management Monitoring to ensure internal controls are designed and working effectively and regulatory compliance requirements (including SOX requirements) are met. You drive control remediation where required.Manage a team of Senior Reporting Specialists and Reporting Specialists, always in alignment with GSK Values & Expectations, you drive individual & team performance, ensure recruitment of staff at the required caliber / skills & experience, develop / coach / mentor your team members and create succession plans while fostering engagement and motivation in the team.Responsible for monthly accounting and reporting for R&D Finance OE programs, liaising with Finance and HR stakeholders to ensure OE charges and provisions are robust, up-to-date, and in line with GSK accounting policiesMaintain integrity of OE reporting in CERPS and BISONComplete quarterly analysis and commentary for OE programs, including Judgement Report, and commentary for review with R&D Controller and Group ControllerMaintain and perform quarterly SOX controls over integrity of OE reportingWork with stakeholders to re-forecast OE programs for Update 2 and Plan submissions in BISONSupport Finance and Business leads for OE programs to develop STP’s for new OE proposals, and track, forecast and control OE spendBuild expertise and provide a single point of contact for guidance within R&D Finance on OE policies, reporting, programs and benchmarksDrive close-out of historic OE programs and provisions
- Professional Finance qualification (eg. University degree, CIMA, ACCA CPA)
- At least 5 years of experience in Finance (GL, RTR, reporting), including 2 years in large matrix organization
- Demonstrate proficiency in the domain of General Accounting and thorough understanding of financial accounting and reporting
- Experience in leading a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to set goals, priorities and delegate tasks
- Strong focus and drive for implementing process improvements
- Keen to learn and to develop his/hers as well as team members' skills
- Advanced Excel and knowledge of SAP
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigors and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
For further information, and to
apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.