Senior Business Manager
EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing globally IT, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
The Senior Business Manager is responsible for business management and strategic needs. This role will focus in the newly created Center for Consumables space liaising with EUTX; Finance; Procurement; and BRM. They will be responsible for benefits realization and contributing to identifying; executing; and sustaining financial benefits to the firm. The role will require C level presence with the capability to master challenges in presenting complex analysis to senior executives and will require the ability to influence leaders by asserting ideas to gain support across a matrixed organization. You will oversee a multi-million dollar budget and take responsibility to deliver and track benefits realized.
Your key responsibilities:
- Responsible for benefits realization and contributing to identifying; executing; and sustaining financial benefits to the firm.
- C level presence with the capability to master challenges in presenting complex analysis to senior executives and will require the ability to influence leaders by asserting ideas to gain support across a matrixed organization.
- Collaborate and build trusted and effective working relationships with product managers, project managers, and various members within EUTX and other supporting functions such as BRM; Finance; Procurement; Business Office
- Participate in special projects such as the operational internal workings of EUTX; talent; and or strategic initiatives.
- Support EUTX reporting needs both financial and accomplishment focused.
- Assist with BRET process if needed.
- Facilitate and support the annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, and long-range planning processes
- Perform detailed analyses of capital and purchased services spending for existing or planned services and/or projects
- Lead activities to ensure business cases are complete, comprehensive and relevant
- Lead activities to ensure sanctioned projects have well defined plans and budgets
- Lead / engage in program reviews, evaluating scope, financial and schedule performance
- Lead activities to assess the contractual, financial and service delivery performance of 3rd party suppliers, make recommendations for improvement, and as required, manage improvement programs
- Identify opportunities to improve the overall performance of the EUTX organization, present recommendations, plans and business cases to leadership, and then actively lead and / or execute said plans.
- Drive innovation, speed and quality across the EUTX organization
Skills and attributes of success:
- Ability to master challenges in presenting complex analysis to senior executives verbally
- Capability to assert ideas and persuade others to gain support across matrixed organization
- Capability to inspect, cleanse, transform, and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions, and supporting decision-making
- Demonstrates an ability (in the context of a business case) to create financial plans and forecasts of anticipated performance and/or costs.
- The ability to define, analyze, solve and discuss client's complex business issues
- Able to analyze and solve complex business problems. Work with data to identify patterns and use judgement to form conclusions that may challenge conventional wisdom
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks concurrently while applying appropriate prioritization
- Capability to work with clients to leverage proprietary, industry-aligned IT organization models to define the governance of decisions and authorizations within the organization aligned to their business environment
- Financial Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting and Management Accounting Process Knowledge: Capability to apply financial planning and analysis best practices, accounting standards, the processes that support Financial Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting and Management Accounting and how these change from one industry to another
- Understanding of contract management
- Strong organizational skills with experience of managing processes.
- Very good understanding of key performance indicators relevant for the role
- Experience in working in a global environment and an ability to interact with different cultures
- Strong client-centric oriented communication, documentation, analytical, and presentation skills
- Strong expertise of Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and SharePoint
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel is required, including the use of formulas, creation of pivot tables, VLOOKUP and advanced financial functions
What we look for:
- 10+ years of experience in finance, business analysis, product management and/or project management or a related discipline is desirable but not required, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- PMP Certification is preferred
- Understanding of project management concepts and principles.
- Keen interest in technology and technology-driven service-oriented businesses
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid changes
- Ability to work independently in a global organization within the context of a virtual team
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
What working at EY offers:
- Free Tech MBA education path at Hult University,
- Variety of platforms for upskilling including but not limited to Udemy for business, on-site trainings, language classes, etc.
- Flexible full time working hours with respect to your work life balance
- Perks / benefits: private health care (incl. family, parents, in-laws & dental care), life insurance, sport groups, MultiSport, Benefitsystem, theatre and cinema tickets, shopping vouchers, etc.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.