Trust Operations Senior Manager, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
Trust asset management services is the core business in State Street Japan and Trust Operations department is providing the services to institutional investors as trustee. This position is a management role of the Trust Operations department, Fukuoka, Japan. This role will manage multiple teams of around 10+ employees in total and report to department head. The candidate requires strong leadership with minimum 5 years team/people management experiences, and minimum 10 years solid experience in financial services, fund accounting and/or a back-office operations environment.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Assistant Vice President you will:
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff
- Conduct performance evaluations and identify talent in order to develop future leaders
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, manage and build staff commitment in the organization through challenges and times of change
- Actively delegate with development in mind and share team resources
- Strong understanding of the operation workflow and motivates team to improve its operation
- Participates in decisions making process that would normally have a serious effect on the success of the transactional operations
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures
- Identify risk items, timely escalate to management with effective communication, write up official reporting, agree action plans and accountable for implementation
- Develop team to reach negotiated solutions without negatively impacting the relationship
- Monitors projects to ensure completion on schedule and within budget
- Manage direct expenses including but not limited to overtime, headcount, leave management, stationery expenses and claims
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work and terminate employment
- Accountable for client quality of service and team work accuracy in support of those clients
- Strong communications with internal and external clients
- Ensure that all communication reflects the corporation professionally and ethically
- Liaise with Client Services group and Relationship Managers to solve complex issues
- Develop team goals and project plans to meet client needs through the understanding of their business
- Demonstrate strong understanding of regional regulation, Law and Global Custody.
- Drive effective collaboration and networking with other teams locally, regional and globally
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Detail oriented
- Highly numerate
- Ability to meet tight deadline
- Strong leadership, negotiation and analytical skills, proven track record of efficiency creation, proven track record of staff development
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or above
- Minimum 5 years team/people management experiences
- Minimum 10 year solid experience in financial services, fund accounting and/or a back-office operations environment.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate in both English & Japanese, both verbally and in writing, fluently and effectively
- Global Custodian experiences and knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of MS office
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.