Senior Consultant, Financial Reporting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Reporting to a Divisional Manager or Head of Financial Reporting Ireland Operations – Limerick
Responsible for identifying and interpreting changes to accounting standards and regulations that will impact the client allocation within the department, as well as liaising with external audit firms to develop solutions regarding the impact of such changes.
The candidate will be responsible in assisting with the review of financial statements across the department in addition to identifying and implementing best practice across teams. The candidate will work closely with the training department to identify training needs and develop best practice solutions for Ireland FR and our outsourced locations.
The candidate will also work the management team with regards to client servicing, new business opportunities and client due diligence presentations.
The key responsibilities of the role include;
- Responsible for establishing best practice within the department to provide unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department’s performance to clients (internal and external) year on year.
- Responsible for the reviewing and delivery of financial statements where required to ensure they are compliant with current accounting and regulatory requirements.
- Become the primary point of contact with each of the our associated Audit Firms, work closely with the Audit Firms and facilitate technical briefs and updates for the department, thereby keeping abreast of industry and regulatory developments.
- Represent Northern Trust Financial Reporting at relevant external forums which have impact on our business.
- Identify training and development needs and establish performance standards for the department.
- Guide staff in the resolution of non-routine and complex financial reporting issues.
- Liaise with Compliance and other relevant internal stakeholders where required.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Previous Accounting/Financial Reporting experience in the Financial Services/Audit industry.
- Strong communication, and presentation skills
- Strong client-servicing skills.
- Detailed knowledge of both onshore and offshore funds administration. In particular Irish/UK GAAP and IFRS experience.
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.