Audit Supervisor - Listed Clients
My client is looking for an experienced Audit Supervisor to join their London team working on listed and international clients.
An accredited investor in people, and National multi award winning firm that are going from strength to strength and continue to win awards such a National Firm of the Year, and Graduate programme of the Year, at the British Accountancy Awards. The substantial growth of this firm over the past 5 years or so, has opened new doors for opportunities with some key clients.
A modern and flexible working, accountancy firm with some great benefits for employees. A firm focused on retaining staff and equipping them with the support and training necessary in order to succeed.
This Audit supervisor will allocate tasks, timescales and budgets to the team. They will complete staff assessment forms and act as the key point of contact with clients.
- Resolve most technical queries from junior staff
- Draft common types of audit report and client letters
- Complete audits in accordance with prescribed audit procedures
- Assist senior members of staff and partners
- Produce detailed audit planning, including details of potential difficulties to ensure correct tests are applied to produce sufficient audit evidence
- Allocate work to junior staff and brief the team on what is expected
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensuring that deadlines and budgets are well managed
- Review or complete audit cycles
- Responsible for final analytical reviews
- Draft letters to audit clients
- Produce and review sets of financial statements
- Produce a short summary on key client issues and the contents of the accounts
- Provide technical advice and guidance to more junior staff
- Monitor the performance of staff working on jobs, including giving feedback after files have been reviewed and completing audit review form at the end of each job
- ACA or ACCA, fully qualified with practice experience
- 3+ years of audit experience
- Excellent audit analysis skills
- Competent planning and completion skills
- CaseWare (accounts and audit) experience would be useful.
- Previous experience of supervising junior members of staff
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- IFRS, ISA, US GAAP & GAAS experience
- Computer literate - good Excel and Word experience.
- Competitive salary
- Genuine Work Life balance
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays
- Flexible holidays - buy or sell up to 5 days per year
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Car lease scheme
- Accredited Investor in People
- Multi Award winning Firm