Lead – Client Service Representative
3 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
The position of a Lead Client Service Representative is responsible for coordinating Institutional Separate Accounts Events such as account openings, closures, transfers in kind etc. from a Portfolio Administration perspective. They will be performing multiple client specific, external facing tasks and delivering service to a variety of external/internal clients and business partners including external client, administrator, custodian, Portfolio Management, Sales/Marketing, Trading, Performance and Client Services. With the primary focus on independent leadership of PA (Portfolio Administration) Events the position will make critical judgements and decisions that shape the operational support required for new institutional accounts, account set up and other parts of the event as defined by Investment Management Agreement documents and onboarding discussions. The person will also assist planning and coordination of the department’s activities and be proactive in seeking out opportunities to enhance service to internal/external clients and business partners.
Working with us, you will be responsible for:
- Events - Actively plan, lead and participate in PA Events. Guide less experienced specialists and make critical judgements and decisions that shape the operational support required for new institutional accounts, account set up and other parts of the event as defined by Investment Management Agreement documents and onboarding discussions. Events include but are not limited to: account openings, account closing, custodian transfer/mergers, in-kind transfers and other account events related activities. Ensure System/account maintenance and validations for new set ups/changes resulting from events. Review and prepare documents related to on-boarding activities including active participation in Account Event meetings whilst managing proffesional communication with internal and external parties. Partner with Internal/External clients, FTS Business Units, Global Client Support Service, Performance and Corporate Accounts to ensure Portfolio Administration is ready for new business.
- Account Governance/Ownership - Make recommendations for improved governance and best practice based on good understanding of internal and external clients and expert knowledge of relationships. Take ownership for & documenting of client queries on behalf of FTS and monitor PA e-mail responses to ensure inquiries are resolved including those directed to other departments. Assist staff in resolving complex/unique inquiries and take appropriate action to escalate unresolved issues. Identify proper resources and guide staff to meet priorities and service demands. Ensure errors are reported, rectified and reimbursed timely and appropriately as well as monitoring error trends to identify gaps to reduce risk.
- Client Service Support - Act as a conduit for the most complex issues to build strong relationships with internal/external clients and business partners. Act as escalation point of contact on behalf of FTS for being a Subject Matter Expert on all SMA and institutional Separate Account client service-related questions/issues. Drive for effective solutions to delivering new and unique internal/external client requirements working with colleagues globally to implement new practices as well as instigating future client needs. Prepare and participate in client requested ad hoc meetings including Due Diligence meetings with clients and / or consultants.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Bachelor / Master of Science or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting
- 10 + years of relevant experience
- Desired licenses and certifications: FCA, CISI, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong client service and customer focus
- Excellent organization, planning, and leadership skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Ability to develops solutions to a variety of complex problems
- Excellent facilitation, mediation, negotiation, and persuasion skills.