Fixed Income Sustainability Analyst
What is the Fixed Income group responsible for?
Our Fixed Income team do independent research into assigned sectors, companies or regions and make recommendations to our Portfolio Managers. As the Fixed Income Sustainability Analyst (ESG) you will work across the group to support our ESG build out specifically within the Fixed Income team. Leading from the front you’ll help in building and managing client portfolios and take part in client meetings, whilst also providing general support and expertise in developing ESG research capabilities for the Fixed Income team working closely with our central ESG team.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Fixed Income Sustainability Analyst (ESG)?
- Develop and assist ESG integration within the fixed income investment process
- ESG Data collection and Analysis
- Manage ESG governance and documentation
- Communicate with clients the ESG philosophy of the fixed income team, including supporting engagement reports and Green bond fund report.
- Conduct screening, quarterly governance and annual compliance of ESG factors in portfolios
- Conduct ESG fixed income thematic research and generate papers to share across fixed income group
- Strong partnership with product management and sales team to deliver ESG message
- Work with our central ESG team to leverage their knowledge and research for the Fixed Income group
- Assist with defining climate risk for segments of the bond market (e.g. munis and securitized) and work with these teams on an assessment framework, including evaluating data inputs
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Masters or equivalent in sustainable investment/ESG studies desirable
- CFA or progress towards strongly preferred
- Experience in ESG integration into Fixed Income research and investment process
- Extensive knowledge of the application of ESG topics and an understanding of portfolio management
- Excellent written communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Knowledge of ESG tools and methodologies highly desirable
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally