Non-Executive Directors at Quantock Education Trust
- Experience level
Are you a senior legal/HR or finance professional looking to make a difference to the education sector by joining an academy trust board? Quantock Education Trust in Somerset seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board. Board meetings are held at TA6 7HW when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Quantock Education Trust (QET) based in Somerset, is a multi-academy trust comprising of one secondary and two primary schools. The trust is looking to grow and is committed to working in collaboration with small rural primary schools, to focus on issues relating to low aspiration, sparsity, deprivation and restricted opportunities. Haygrove School within the trust offers pupils a Global Learning Programme and is led by a National Leader of Education. Candidates are not required to be practicing Christians but should have sympathy with the Christian ethos of the trust.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in
- human resources or
- legal/compliance or
- finance at CFO level (with accountancy qualifications) or
- growth/change management or
- corporate/charity governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Increasing leadership capacity across the trust by embedding the people strategy to focus on talent management and development of all staff members
- Developing a growth strategy for the trust
- Ensuring financial sustainability of the trust
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Apply for Non-Executive Directors at Quantock Education Trust
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly