Customs and Trade Compliance Manager
This Customs and Trade Compliance Manager will be responsible for the oversight of compliance with all applicable customs, sanctions and export control regulations and to regularly update management on risk areas. They will also provide the local business support in case of trade related issues, guidance in compliance improvement initiatives and the pursuit of strategic trade objectives.
A multinational engineering business based in the Warrington area with an excellent reputation. They also offer home working and flexible working as an option as well as excellent career progression opportunities
The successful Customs and Trade Compliance Manager will be responsible for:
- Export Control and Customs Compliance
- Serve as single point of contact for local (national) trade compliance authorities and country management in handling trade compliance relating to exports, cross-border shipments, customers or vendors.
- Instructions and Procedures
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of written trade compliance standards and procedures for all Local Businesses addressing all applicable export control, sanctions, and customs requirements.
- Ensure transaction-based compliance with regulatory customs requirements (country-of-origin, classification, valuation and other).
- Cooperate closely with staff in related domains to ensure seamless connection between overall trade compliance and day-to-day operations
- Oversee trade related archiving requirements, ensure that trade compliance records are kept and retrievable, as defined in the relevant instructions and regulations.
- Customs and Export Control Classification
- Ensure all imported and exported products, software and technologies are properly classified with respect to relevant national and international export control regulations and national tariff
- Develop and implement a strategy to monitor, manage and mitigate trade compliance related risks and opportunities, including close cooperation with customs operations staff and the preparation and use of regular local internal trade reviews (audits of trade compliance) in the Local Businesses
- Notify Local Business management, Group Trade Compliance and Trade Management and in-house legal counsel of any suspected trade compliance violation.
- Implement a trade compliance training program to ensure basic knowledge and awareness across the entire local organisation and raise specific expertise where needed
The successful Customs and Trade Compliance Manager will have several years of experience with business processes and a good understanding of end-to-end supply chain process, risk management and logistics.
They will also have knowledge of export control and customs rules and regulations. There is room for development of expertise in this area at the start-up phase for the role.
Sufficient seniority to effectively communicate across all levels of local business
Team player with good communication skills, capable of communicating in English and in the main local language (of the authorities), both verbally and in writing.
£55,000 - £65,000 + car allowance + bonus + wider benefits
Home working and flexible working also on offer