In House Tax Manager
A leading utilities business in the Selby area who are looking for an In House Tax Manager to join their leading tax team.
The business are looking for someone from either practice or industry to be accountable for corporation tax compliance and reporting as well as indirect tax returns.
The role will also require technical and general tax support to the wider tax team in fulfilling their group tax compliance obligations.
A leading utilities business in the Selby area who have a reputable and supportive tax team.
As In House Tax Manager your responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Preparation and review of annual tax computations and returns for all UK entities including group-level returns such as the corporate interest restriction calculations and Country by Country Reporting. Ensuring timely submission to HMRC.
- Fixed asset tax analysis to maximise capital allowance and RDA claims.
- Work on Patent Box and R & D claims as required.
- Technical analysis and correspondence to support communications with HMRC
- Preparation of tax provisions and tax notes to be included in annual group accounts and individual entity accounts. Assisting with queries from group auditors and sundry ad hoc reporting queries.
- Assistance in forecasting group tax payments on account and tax provisions included in group business planning forecasts.
- Transfer pricing - assistance in preparing intra group transfer pricing documentation.
- Assisting with Senior Accounting Officer administration to achieve ongoing compliance.
- Review of tax submissions (VAT, CCL, Landfill Tax, Excise duty rebate).
- Support department management team with M & A projects
- Ad hoc tax projects to support both Group and business unit needs, including payroll, VAT and other indirect taxes.
The successful In House Tax Manager will be a:
- ACA / ACCA or CTA Qualified
- Experience of dealing with indirect tax matters is desirable, but not essential.
- Adept at researching and reaching sound judgements on tax technical areas.
- Good project management skills and strong time management skills.
- Good MS Office skills, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to understand commercial transactions and arrangements.
- Has a good grasp of accounting concepts.
£50,000 - £55,000 + career progression and other exciting benefits