Corporate Controller Group (CCG) is comprised of several groups that are committed to supporting business processes with a high level of integrity and credibility through developing, influencing and implementing global financial policy and process and effective partnering.
The Revenue Accounting Team is responsible for all aspects of revenue accounting for non-standard deals. The goal is to provide global product and service revenue accounting in an effective, holistic, and compliant way to meet the needs of our customers.
- Accurately account for non-standard deals in accordance with IFRS 15 requirements and Cisco accounting policy
- Adhere to standard accounting practices with regards to reserve accounting, revenue forecasting, corporate balance sheet review, rebates and special discounts which have a direct impact on the accounting reserves
- Ensure revenue reserves are managed and accounted for in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure monthly accounting entries and processes are strictly adhered to
- Working on P&L revenue streams
- Follow all SOX processes for revenue accounting while maintaining up-to-date documentation of processes and ensure testing is completed without exception
- Assist with all SOX related documentation and testing activities
- Add values to daily activities through rising improvement and automation ideas
- Partner with the Commercial Finance Team, Sales & Services Finance and the wider Finance community to ensure necessary accounting adjustments are properly forecasted for financial and management accounting purposes
- Act as a point of contact with Sales & Services Finance to ensure accuracy of management and financial accounting (product and service sales bookings) as they relate to the revenue
- Manage the relationship - operational and strategic - with Sales Operations and Sales & Services Finance
- Liaise with internal and external auditor
- Partner with Credit & Collections Team and A/R Ops to ensure accurate credit memo forecasting
- Bachelor’s Degree (essential)
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in an accounting environment (essential)
- Professional experience gained in financial or management accounting (essential)
- Great commincation skills with the ability to influence business partners (essential)
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical abilities (essential)
- Attention to details (essential)
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines (essential)
- European languages including German, Spanish, Italian, French and others (advantageous)
- Strong IT skills, knowledge of Excel, Oracle Financials, Business Object, Essbase (advantageous)
- Large Multi-National company or technology sector experience (advantageous)
- Ability to deal with conflict
- Team player
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!