Financial Analyst - Asset Liability Management
As a member of Global Liquidity and Balance Sheet Modeling’s team focusing on balance sheet modeling, primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Measure the Corporation’s and subsidiaries’ interest rate risk position in the banking book utilizing the corporation’s ALM software.
- Work to populate and run the model on a monthly basis, and perform analysis on the risk results.
- Prepare management reports to communicate risk exposures, and the sources of those exposures, to corporate and affiliate bank Asset Liability Committees (ALCOs).
- Run monthly net interest income (NII) forecast through the interest rate risk frame work. Ensure results are intuitive and explain monthly changes to senior management.
- Reconcile simulation input data and results with actual balance sheet and income statement results. Research, document and explain variances.
- Project NII and other comprehensive income (OCI) for the available for sale securities portfolio for the annual capital plan. Explain projections to CCAR governing committees.
- Focus on projects related to interest rate risk (IRR) in the banking book from a first line of defense perspective. This includes implementation of an enhanced interest rate risk modeling framework covering relevant risks; most importantly earnings-at-risk (NII risk) and economic value of equity risk.
1. Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
2. Experience using QRM or another ALM software application
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.