Payroll Manager - Excellent firm of Chartered Accountants
Michael Page are proud to be representing a fantastic firm of chartered accountants based in Mid Kent in their search for a Payroll Manager. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, modern and forward thinking practice that has a great reputation in Kent and the South East.
Our Client is a highly reputable firm of chartered accountants based in Medway. As well as providing a compliance service, their main efforts are put in to providing good quality business and personal advice. The practices provides a holistic accounting service across accounts, tax payroll, bookkeeping, CIS and VAT and services clients of all sizes across a range of sectors including manufacturing, professional services, marketing, sales, start ups ect. They are very modern in their approach and utilise the latest software.
This is a pivotal role, reporting in to the Directors of the business and you will have full autonomy of the firms payroll department. There is a small team who are able to provide processing support, or alternatively this could be a standalone role; completely down to experience and aspirations.
- Responsible for ensuring all allocated payrolls are completed accurately and on time
- Processing all incoming payroll impacting information and transactions e.g. new starters, leavers, absence, statutory leave and pay, tax codes & NI category changes
- Processing and reconciling all fixed pay instructions e.g. basic salary changes, pay uplifts etc
- Processing all weekly and / or monthly variable pay instructions from sites e.g. bonuses, shift allowances, overtime etc.
- Producing and submitting all BACS any other external or 3rd party payment files.
- Producing and submitting all HMRC RTI and auto enrolment pension files.
- Producing and delivering high quality payroll output files to customers that comprise payslips, reports KPI's etc. relating to their respective payrolls.
- Dealing with correspondence to employees, sites and external parties e.g. overpayment recovery letters, Benefits Agency / Child support requests for information, financial references etc.
- Ensuring all required controls are correctly operated and all required evidence is produced and retained, resulting in a robust and secure payroll process.
- Proactively recommending improvements to existing processes based on the identification of recurring issues or possible future risks.
The ideal candidate for the positions will have either bureau or accountancy practice payroll experience.
Be CIPP qualified, part qualified or qualified by experience
Have experience in dealing with a mix of weekly and monthly payrolls
Be hard working and up for a challenge in a fast paced working environment
have good software and technical payroll knowledge.
Study support if needed
Part time or flexible/ home working.