Senior Analyst, Ireland Financial Reporting
The role is responsible for the preparation of financial statements, schedule of investments, significant acquisitions and disposals and explanatory notes on the same (including preparation and review of tax reporting data due to tax agents), for mutual funds, hedge funds and/or fund of hedge fund clients.
Financial statements are prepared on a cyclical basis (for example; quarterly, semi-annual or annually) depending on the team in accordance with regulatory guidelines in the home country (for example: UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Switzerland and U.S). The preparation is based on a set processes and procedures and the job holder will be required to adhere to these processes in completing day to day tasks.
Once financial statement is prepared, the jobholder will analyse and research for any discrepancies before sending to the home country for review. The analyst will correct any discrepancies/issues identified and communicated by the home country before closure.
Due to the cyclical nature of the activities, it is anticipated that there will be peak periods of work and the job holder may be required to undertake additional working hours to ensure tasks are completed to the appropriate deadlines.
- Deliver high quality service to clients (internal & external) through accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks
- Complete preparation of schedule of investments, financial statements, significant acquisitions and disposals and explanatory notes and disclosures
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports for assigned portfolios
- Review portfolios against additional PC based data, reconciling for name, country and industry classification to ensure accuracy (including valuations)
- Apply appropriate pricing methodology specific to the fund
- Analyse operating expenses, review and set up expense budgets
- Issue reports accurately and within defined timeframes, respond to queries in a timely manner
- Perform tasks whilst adhering to defined processes and/or procedures and check for errors
- Collect, enter and extract data and undertake analysis
- Assist in the preparation of client reports e.g. taxation, equalisation, funds under custody, funds under administration
- Reconcile queries and/or correct errors in a timely and appropriate manner
- Assist other colleagues as appropriate. Act as effective team member within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate
Working at Northern Trust goes far beyond just having a job. We encourage our partners to bring their full self to the workplace. Learning how your interests and experience could continue to grow with our longstanding and trusted business is important to us.. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
We hope you’re excited about this new opportunity to develop your career with us
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and believe together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.