Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Acceleration Centre (Transfer Pricing) - Associate - Cairo
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
PwC Middle East is expanding it’s Tax Acceleration Centre (TAC). Working in our Acceleration Centre you will operate as a natural extension of PwC’s leading class global delivery capabilities. We provide premium, cost effective, high quality services that support process quality and delivery capability in our client engagements.
Working in the Tax Acceleration Centre is all about maximising value, unlocking opportunities and creating a great experience for our people and clients. Using the latest technologies, leading processes and best practices, the TAC is an important part of how we deliver high-quality tax services to our clients.
We are growing on the success of our Acceleration Centre team in Cairo that has become a regional talent hub in the field of Transfer Pricing. This is an exciting area of international tax consulting, which relates to the pricing of goods, services, financing and other types of transfers within multinational companies. Not only does this field of consulting rely on business and economics skills, but mathematical, statistical and business analysis are important attributes that will also be critical.You will need to be highly ambitious, analytical, adaptable, with a passion for serving the biggest multinational businesses in the Middle East and indeed the world!
As a Specialist within the TAC you will work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues. You will be trained to master a variety of proprietary PwC tools and technologies that support our clients’ needs alongside broader technologies to enable you in your role.
This role works with PwC’s regional Transfer Pricing practice and will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients develop compliant, tax efficient structures that help advance their business goals.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct financial benchmarks across a variety of industries and transactions
- Prepare industry overviews for the industries in which clients operate
- Assist and/or own preparation of Transfer Pricing related documentation, including compliance forms, Local File and Master File for multinational groups in the ME region
- Provide analytical support for resolution of Transfer Pricing disputes between clients and government authorities
- Initiate and create client records
- Organise and analyse client provided information
- Work with client engagement teams as necessary to complete work assignments
- Collect and organise additional supporting documentation or responses to tax authority notices and decisions.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Supporting other TAC team members with administrative functions such as client and engagement onboarding, client administration and other ad hoc tasks as required.
- Translation of client and internal documents from Arabic to English or vice versa where required (if applicable).
Candidate profile and requirements:
- Graduate education in the field of Economics, Business Studies, Finance/Accounting, Mathematics/Statistics or Business Law
- A passion for business, consulting, financial analysis, business research and related matters
- You will need a keen interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
- A strong grasp of technology including Microsoft Office and Google Suite and an aptitude for excel, complex calculations and working with large datasets
- Ability to work effectively under pressure without compromising professional standards or quality of works and data analysis
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and manage expectations with clients
- 1+ years of work experience with economics, accounting or financial services would be advantageous, but not essential
- Bilingual (English and Arabic)
Important Points to Consider:
The TAC team works with PwC practices across the Middle East, therefore extended business hours may be required during peak periods.
Travel Requirements 0%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.