Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing equities, markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
The IB&M Finance Asia team comprises teams across Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Beijing and Shanghai. The teams look after the end-to-end finance functions including product control, across all business units that roll up into the IB&M branches which include business units representing IB&M and all support functions. You will be a part of the Beijing Finance team which is responsible for providing timely and accurate statutory, regulatory and management reporting for the Beijing branch and CBA China to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
We are seeking a Finance Manager to be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of statutory and regulatory returns, financial statements, corporate tax returns and management reports including budgets. You will also be responsible for leading projects to ensure that the CBA Shanghai and Beijing branches are compliant with changes in accounting standards and regulations. You will also play the role of a valued business partner through active engagement with your customers and the provision of insights and innovative solutions from a finance perspective.
- Review and take accountability for accurate and timely month/half-year/year end closing procedures, production of management reports for China branches, regulatory returns, taxation matters (including corporate tax and transfer pricing) and subsidiary statutory accounts;
- Deliver CBA values of integrity, accountability, collaboration, excellence and service every day. To supervise the finance team and help to create/maintain a team culture consistent with the Bank’s values;
- Strong change and continuous improvement mindset, able to enhance process through automation, leading the design of innovative solutions and simplifying processes while enhancing the quality of reports and insights;
- Strong Financial Control focus including responsibilities in relation to Reconciliation and Balance Sheet attestation for China branches;
- Ensure compliance with China and the Group’s accounting standards, regulatory requirements and tax regulations.
- Responsible for updating finance policies and procedures of China
- Project or other ad hoc tasks assigned by Line Manager.
To be successful we are seeking:
- Believe and deliver CBA values of integrity, accountability, collaboration, excellence and service
- Customer (both internal and external) focused and outcome driven
- Understands business drivers and providing genuine business valued output and analysis
- Focus on continuous process improvement and productivity with a mindset of embracing change.
- Actively builds relationships within and across business streams, functional areas and regions at operational level
- Exhibiting a high level of energy and excitement about the finance functions opportunities and challenges with CAN Do attitude
- Experience in Midas, PeopleSoft GL and Microsoft Office software
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 07/02/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.