Senior Analyst, Hedge Fund Services - Relationship Management
The job requires working for a Global Hedge Fund Administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. This individual will have a strong technical Accounting background; experience working within the Financial Services industry. Under general supervision (but works independently most of the time) responsible for fund accounting support to hedge fund clients. Emerging as an expert skill set but remains focused primarily on daily execution.
- Under general supervision, produces timely and accurate reports and accounts for hedge fund clients.
- Prepares financial statements and reports for a designated group of funds.
- Identify, document and disseminate new procedures and controls.
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
- More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas
- Delivers a work product that requires less revision
- Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
- A minimum of 2.0 years of experience in Financial Services environment, preferably, performing processes related to trades processing.
- Good problem solving skills and results oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Should be flexible for shifts and extended working hours.
- Excellent spoken and written English and ability to write business correspondence.
- Self-starter with the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment.
- Good knowledge of the financial markets, instruments and back office functions.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards.
- Understanding of basic trade economics related to various financial product transactions is an addition.
Working at Northern Trust goes far beyond just having a job. We encourage our partners to bring their full self to the workplace. Learning how your interests and experience could continue to grow with our longstanding and trusted business is important to us.. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
We hope you’re excited about this new opportunity to develop your career with us
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and believe together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.