Senior Analyst, Hedge Fund Services - Controller
The job requires working for a Global Hedge Fund Administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. This individual will have a strong technical Accounting background; experience working within the Financial Services industry. The position involves understanding of various investment instruments like Non Trade Transactions, Collaterals, Various income and expense transactions, Money Markets etc.
- Cash transfers and entries posting of various financial instruments.
- Understanding of various financial instruments like Collateral, complex non trade transactions and money market trades.
- Reconciliation to ensure all the activities processed are correct and break resolution as necessary.
- Ability to work effectively with large amount of breaks related data.
- Analyze and identify discrepancies between client’s position and counterparties with good troubleshooting skills.
- Should have eye for details and accuracy.
- Liaise effectively with team members, internal groups and external counterparties including executing brokers and clients to resolve discrepancies in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to prioritise and see pending/aged breaks to completion.
- Ensuring deliverables are adhered to as per agreed SLAs and in adherence with SOPs.
- Should be capable of understanding various control checks.
- Should be able to timely escalate all the issues.
- Understand and minimize risks associated with breaks and position mismatches.
- Respond quickly and accurately to queries in a high volume, time sensitive trading environment.
- Developing action plans for resolution of outstanding issues.
- Ability to work on ad-hoc activities.
- A minimum of 2.0 years of experience in Financial Services environment, preferably, performing processes related to trades processing.
- Good problem solving skills and results oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Should be flexible for shifts and extended working hours.
- Excellent spoken and written English and ability to write business correspondence.
- Self-starter with the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment.
- Good knowledge of the financial markets, instruments and back office functions.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards.
- Understanding of basic trade economics related to various financial product transactions is an addition.
Working at Northern Trust goes far beyond just having a job. We encourage our partners to bring their full self to the workplace. Learning how your interests and experience could continue to grow with our longstanding and trusted business is important to us.. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
We hope you’re excited about this new opportunity to develop your career with us
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and believe together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.