- Oversee audit engagements and review audit reports and findings with team and clients before sign offs.
- Engage clients through providing value-added services and advice, quality service delivery, and resolving issues quickly. Understand clients’ needs and issues so as to deliver quality deliverables and solutions that meet their needs.
- Plan and execute strategies to achieve Audit goals and targets.
- Provide clear directions to the teams with clear goals, plans, resources and staff growth and development.
- Coach and develop the audit team with the required capabilities to deliver audit engagements to the standards required.
- Cross sell services to existing or potential clients to increase the sales portfolio.
- Lead change and improvements to continuously improve services and add value to clients and YYC.
- Continuously keep abreast of market development, regulatory requirements and new developments in the professional services industry so as to advise clients more effectively.
- Lead to deliver results in a focused, motivating and inclusive manner.
- Strong people management skills and the ability to build trust-based relationship internally and with clients.
- Coaching and people development skills.
- Has business acumen to bring knowledge, innovation and create value for clients and YYC.
- Set clear directions, knowing the “what” and “how” of achieving goals.
- Communicate with impact in both written and verbal communication, to influence and persuade.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills
Qualifications and Experience
Has a professional qualification such as ICAEW, ACCA, or its equivalent with at least 8 -10 years of experience in leading or directing audit or assurance work in mid to large size enterprises. Professionally sound with up-to-date knowledge of accounting and financial reporting standards and audit methodologies and standards.