VAT Compliance Manager
EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
With our breadth of service offerings you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
Join our fast growing Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) team as a VAT Manager and you will have the opportunity to work on EY’s largest multi-country client engagements within our EMEIA Tax Center. We deploy strong multi-skilled teams working seamlessly across countries and service lines, with major hubs in UK, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Romania and Poland.
Your key responsibilities:
As a VAT Manager in the EMEIA Tax Center, you will be working a selection of clients where you are the VAT controller for the VAT/GST compliance outsourced to EY, including
- Act as central point of contact – liaise with your international clients and colleagues with respect to European VAT and VAT compliance
- Monitoring the quality of the indirect tax data and reports of your clients
- Review and approve indirect tax returns
- Follow up on legislative changes and business changes in order to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated
- Identify issues and opportunities to continuously improve the VAT compliance processes
- Coordinate VAT compliance advisory, technology audit support
- Coordinate with other VAT controllers and report to the client’s Process Owner at EY (senior manager or above)
- Supervise coach and lead junior and senior team members
- Broaden the relationship network with existing clients and participate in commercial initiatives together with senior executives or partners
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with other sub-service lines and identify and facilitate cross-selling opportunities
- Proposing improvement possibilities to raise effectiveness and efficiency of the work processes.
In addition, you will get a chance to work on one or more strategic initiatives we define in terms of:
- Process: standardization, centralization, design new services, legislative updates, etc.
- Technology: automation, data analytics, dashboarding, etc.
- People: training program, career development, recruitment, etc.
- Go to market: position new services, marketing of existing services, etc.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Dynamic, innovative & problem resolution focus with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with project management capabilities
- Highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team
- A desire to learn and develop into the role
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- A Bachelor/Master degree in economics, potentially with a supplementary degree in fiscal matters.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience in EMEIA VAT compliance, either in industry or with other service providers.
- Basic understanding of other compliance activities such as statutory accounting and corporate tax compliance.
- Basic understanding of IT-systems and VAT/GST reporting solutions
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Fluent in English – written and spoken.
- Fluent German - nice to have. Any additional European language is an asset.
- Excellent communication across cultures and within a virtual working environment
What we look for:
- Experienced professionals who want to join our fast-growing team and accept the challenge to provide high quality service to our clients and to continuously improve
What working at EY offers:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- A challenging position within a leading international company with room for personal and professional development.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.