Financial Accountant Property & Capital – Permanent
Are you a self-motivated Accountant with the ability to work under pressure? Know how to get the best out of a team? Then why not join us as a Financial Accountant in our Dublin Head Office?
At Primark, our work spans over 13 countries, and we’re still growing. Which all adds up to a fast pace and a variety you don’t get elsewhere.
- Involvement in the preparation and analysis of periodic financial and management accounts
- Along with the Finance Manager, support the international finance teams by ensuring compliant lease accounting adhering to local GAAP and IFRS 16 requirements in all countries in which we operate.
- Assist in the submission of periodic reporting suite to ABF (Associated British Foods)
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Business Partners (Commercial Property/Primark Property Dept) in order to understand the broader business objectives, develop processes jointly and provide accounting guidance and best practice recommendations to enable process changes
- Accountant lead for a number of countries, including preparation of statutory accounts and other statutory obligations for legal entities
- Key contact for external and internal audit teams
- Assist in the development of trainee accountants
- Supporting International Projects in any market as required, e.g. Brexit, new market entry
- Any other tasks and ad hoc projects as required by management.
What we are looking for:
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent) with 2+ years PQE
- Big 4 background and a number of years industry experience preferred
- IFRS 16 experience would be an advantage
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) – need to communicate to all levels within the business
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment
- Excellent attention to detail and strong financial and analytical acumen (ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview)
- English is essential and other European languages would be an advantage.
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong Excel skills are required
- Oracle Financials, Excel4apps and Cognos would be an advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.