Junior Business Technology Analyst-Tax #164099
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
The Credit Suisse Tax Department is primarily responsible for the firm’s Corporate Income Tax and VAT (also referred to as Indirect Taxes) liabilities. The Credit Suisse Tax Department has strong tax technical domain knowledge and has a detailed understanding of the technical rules that apply in calculating the firm’s tax liabilities. In addition, the department also has a group of individuals with skills and experience in Tax technology and data analytics.
- Work closely with dedicated team with background in tax technology and analytics implementing and maintaining innovative solutions for Global Tax Accounting and Forecasting function
- Seek responsibility for fulfilling the tasks associated with Group Tax Accounting System (Longview) maintenance.
- And looking at ways of streamlining product by capturing business requirement and implementing the change. The focus of the implementations will be primarily around the Longview tax provision product lines along with providing assistance with improving other solutions peripheral to Longview. E.g. building Tableau dashboard, Alteryx workflow, Excel spreadsheet improvements, etc
- Performing assigned Longview Tax set up and configuration tasks: profiles, report folders, data mapping and database population.
- Identifying and resolving any errors in Longview by working closely with Finance and Tax SMEs.
- Data gathering, manipulation and analysis.
- Understanding, documenting and articulating customer business requirements in a language that can be understood by IT and Longview developers
- Providing support on project management tasks as directed and appropriate
- Reviewing each engagement and identify means of streamlining project implementations, standardizing engagements. And ensuring appropriate resources are being applied to each engagement
- Crafting process documentation for each engagement and suggest/implement process changes as appropriate in order to meet the business requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science field or accounting. Tax experience is a plus!
- Equivalent experience of at least 1-2 years with similar role preferably in a finance function (specifically, accounting or tax function is a plus!)
- Programming experience is a plus (VBA, SQL,.NET, Python, etc)
- Proven experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. And ideally using integration features with other financial applications (e.g. Oracle, PeopleSoft, JDE, QuickBooks, SAP, HFM, Essbase, Smart View etc.)
- Corptax, Longview Tax, OneSource, Oracle Tax provision or other tax software or database experience
- Proven experience and aptitude with learning and implementing software solutions (accounting, tax, ERP, etc.)
- Experience using 3rd party data analytics and visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx, Qlik, etc.)
- Drive and energy to define and implement impactful solutions for complex problems
- Excellent analytical-conceptual skills, structured and results-focused way of working and ability to get things done within proposed timeframes
- Outstanding ability to listen to customer requirements and understanding their business issues
- Strong communication (both verbal and written)skills
Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.