EY Baghdad Tax - Graduate Program
EY Baghdad Tax - Graduate Program
Location: Baghdad, Iraq
Tax affects every aspect of our lives and laws are always changing. In your role you will help local and international businesses manage every element of their business’s tax and find better ways of doing tax while you progress towards becoming a tax advisor.
What we do for our clients?
Our globally coordinated tax professionals offer connected services across all tax disciplines to help our clients thrive in an era of rapid change. Learn more about our Tax services.
Know the rules: International tax laws are complex and getting caught out can be a costly mistake. We keep on top of the ever-changing rules so that our clients meet their obligations.
Integrate technology: From smart forecasting to automatic number-crunching, technology is having a big impact in the tax world. We help our clients find the tech that can give them an edge, then put it in place.
Boost profitability: Companies face many choices that affect how much tax they pay. Which legal structure is most efficient? What’s the best way to relocate and reward employees? We help clients choose well and maximize profitability.
What is an EY Graduate Program?
If you’ve graduated from university, or will do soon, our Tax Graduate Program could be just the job for you. You’ll be part of a team working with interesting clients, while earning a salary. We’ll help you develop the things you’re naturally good at and learn new skills for your career, too.
Your key responsibilities
As a Tax Associate you will be working directly on tax reporting, compliance and planning alongside senior colleagues. You’ll spend your time on a diverse array of projects and clients in a highly collaborative culture. You will get to know our clients, their businesses and how they work to provide the right service.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confidence to work effectively in a high-energy, fast-moving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Law or any business-related degree where you have completed courses in Taxation
- Bachelor’s degree: completed within the past 18 months of applying to the graduate program
- Master’s Programs/Master’s Degree: completed within the past 18 months with no relevant work experience for more than 6 months or students who started their Masters directly after completing their bachelor degree.
- Available to start full-time job post October 2020
- Iraqi nationals will only be considered
What we look for
We are most interested in people who are naturally curious and love to learn. You like to work with others and build relationships with both colleagues and clients. You are goal-oriented and implement business thinking with the ambition to develop and strive for providing good service. Furthermore, you are structured, have good analytical skills and of course a genuine interest in tax. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, and the industry-recognized training you’ll need to grow in your career. If you’re a fast learner with great organizational skills and a genuine interest in tax, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
- At EY we support you to aspire for a self-controlled career path. This is reinforced by a Tax focal graduated development program called Tax U, that covers a suite of Technical, Non-Technical and Behavioral learning interventions aimed at a seamless transition from University to EY.
- You will undergo a rotation in some of our busiest service lines, to experience real tax projects, mentored by the best in industry mentors and coaches.
- This multi-year immersive learning journey will offer opportunities for you to build critical skills you need, to accomplish and lead MENA Tax deliverables.
- All this will be done through a blended approach of virtual and classroom trainings and a strong component of experiential learning that is transferrable on the job.
- We strongly advocate continuous learning and you will be encouraged to complete a Professional Qualification, with financial and technical support you require to excel.
- You will also undertake cross border projects that are aimed at attaining a global view of our Tax practice.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 90 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please complete the online application as soon as possible. Make sure to answer all questions.
Step 1: Apply
- Make sure you apply early and do not forget to follow the instructions carefully and answer all the questions to ensure your application is successful.
Step 2: Test
- After we review your application, you will receive an invitation email from ‘EY Careers’ to complete the EY online assessments. Approach the tests as you would approach any new challenge. It might be tough, but you can do it!
Step 3: On Demand Interview
- Upon passing the assessments, you will receive an email invitation to complete a prerecorded video interview. You will be required to record yourself responding to behavioral based questions. Being yourself is key to passing this step of the recruitment process.
Step 4: Attend
- Once you have been shortlisted, you may be invited to attend a recruitment day or an interview. This is your opportunity to visit our office, speak with our people and ask questions about life and work at EY.
Step 5: Receive
If you are a great fit for the opportunity, you will receive an offer to join EY and begin your career at one of the best companies to work for. It’s time to celebrate.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.