Sr Analyst, BU Fin Analysis
Responsible for conducting and documenting complex financial analysis projects for Wealth Management business unit. Analyzes revenues and expenditures, researches variances, studies trends, compiles financial data, records necessary journal entries, and provides financial reporting.
- Support the Wealth Management business with strategic and analytical insights and reporting.
- Responsible for, or assists with, monthly/quarterly/annual reporting process which involves but not limited to business unit financial reporting and analysis, Operating Review reports, New Business reporting, competitive benchmarking, annual planning, forecasting, and other reports, projects and presentations to management focusing on key business factors driving financial performance.
- Responsible for, or assists with, the Wealth Management pre-quarter close reports, including the review, coordination and preparation of aged accrued receivables, billed receivables, asset servicing loss and contingency items with Business Units for Wealth Management and Corporate Controllers review and discussion.
- Responsible for analyzing the general ledger and recording necessary accrual journal entries or reclass journal entries, monthly.
- Responsible for various routine, including revenue, expenses and asset reporting reviews & adjustments, and increasingly complex management reporting duties. Proactively initiate and perform deep dive and root cause analysis to identify potential core issues in managing deliverables of the team.
- Technically well-versed in multiple functional areas/scope of the team. Expected to provide training to new hires and conduct regular coaching to junior team members.
- Expected to initiate process improvement initiatives and handle management reporting projects, as necessary. Work with various partners and stakeholders on cross-functional processes or projects, providing analytical and procedural expertise.
- Coordinate and/or handle the preparation of revenue and expense analytic materials using various financial systems, reports and historical data to help support the decision making process.
- Develops strong professional relationships and closely coordinates with Business Unit and Corporate Financial Management personnel. Serve as financial accounting consultant and oversight of finance process controls compliance.
- Provide thought leadership in specific subject matters with other finance team members.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required to evaluate financial results
- Broad financial and accounting knowledge and business acumen acquired through a 4-year degree program and related work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required to present relevant information to management
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office suite, PeopleSoft, HFM, TM1/Cognos, and other similar systems used in financial reporting, and experience with business intelligence analytical tools required perform analyses and communicate financial information to various constituents
- Knowledge and experience in Power BI reporting is a plus
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong team player
CPA is a plus but not required, with 10+ years of solid experience in general accounting, financial planning and analysis, management reporting, project analysis, and other relevant functional area. Functional areas may cover accounting, financial, management & statutory reporting and other accounting and finance-related areas.
Knowledge of the Financial Services Industry is a plus.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.