Consulting – Financial Services, Data & Analytics – Lead Data Architect
The EY Financial Services technology consulting team is continuing to grow and develop appropriate technology propositions aligned to market needs and demand, in particular in the space of Data and Analytics. We work collaboratively with the financial services clients and other EY teams to enhance their ability to use and interpret modern technologies and data, and develop their own enhanced capabilities to support better decision making, along with regulatory compliance, within their business.
Our consultants need the vision to articulate the big picture and the precision to see the smallest of details, all whilst focusing on the financial services domain. Technology and information are the assets which enable this, and our data and analytics practice provides innovative approaches to unlocking this value, solving many of our clients’ biggest challenges.
If you think you can meet the challenges of a focused consulting organization, understand how to grow and lead in a growing practice and work in the most complex of sectors our team is looking forward to hearing from you.
Your key responsibilities:
- Architecting and designing Big Data platforms on cloud or on-premise
- Advising clients on latest big data and analytic technologies
- Mentoring junior team members
- Working in mixed discipline project teams to deliver tailored advice to financial services clients
- Documenting the architecture against business requirements
- Providing architecture input to pre-sales activities
- Presenting and explaining Big Data Architecture technologies to senior client stakeholders
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- 8+ years industry experience in Data & Analytics with 1-3 years experience in a similar role as a Solution Architect, Data Warehouse Architect or Big Data Architect
- Experience with or knowledge of traditional DW environments: Teradata, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
- Experience with or knowledge of Batch and real-time streaming technologies such as Datastage, Informatica, ODI, Spark, Flink, Kafka
- Experience with or knowledge of Big Data platforms such as Hortonworks, MAPR, EMR, HDInsight or Cloudera
- Experience with or knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Alibaba
- Strong communications skills, written and verbal in English and Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin)
What we will provide you:
- We strive to recruit the talented people.
- This means you will be surrounded by highly skilled and passionate individuals wherever you go at EY.
- When you join our team, you open the door to a stimulating international career.
- It is rewarding to be part of an organization that is at the forefront of analytics.
- You will get a chance to work on and support sophisticated and market-leading products.
- We are a global organization with a promising future and lots of opportunities for you to evolve and grow.
- A culture where respect, integrity and teaming define the way we work together.
- You'll also find support for your continuous growth and success.
What working at EY offers
- Support, training, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- A variety of roles and client experiences, our senior leaders work with multiple client projects solving complex problems across industries
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.