Vice President_ Product Control_ CF&A #164450
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's trading activities. We are a global function employing around 800 people, present in offices across EMEA, APAC and the Americas. Our crucial role is fulfilled by ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis. We also conduct the independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios and work with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner. Product Control also guards the banks trading activities via the provision of reliable and significant financial information provided to the business managers, external business partners and other relevant internal constituents. Importantly, we also execute controls to detect unauthorized trading or unusual activity and raise in a timely manner to senior management.
The Central Functions and Analytics Team within Product Control in specific is responsible for performing a wide spectrum of bespoke processes having impact across regions & involving extensive cross functional interfacing.
- We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- Analysis of Intercompany & Intracompany balances related to Derivative & Loans; investigation of IC breaks reasons & providing extinguishment journals for the CS Group Financials.
- Preparation and posting journals required under US GAAP / IFRS requirements pertaining to specific derivative & debt products.
- Consolidation & Analysis of CS Own Debts & Own Shares positions for extinguishment in the CS Group financials.
- Closing the Books which are no more required for Trading purposes
- Understand front-to-back trade flow (life cycle events) and its subsequent system and accounting implications. Co-ordination with various business partners to ensure timely closure of dormant books and departments
- Take complete ownership of any issues that arise from the day-to-day and monthly processes with a view to resolving these in an efficient and timely manner.
- Providing subject matter expertise (SME) to Line PC, FA and other groups. These responsibilities require a good understanding of accounting, products and trade flows between different departments within the bank (Front Office, Operations Financial Accounting etc.).
- Understand, ensure and operate within the framework of the CS Ethical Values & Professional Standards.
- Engage in operational improvements, efficiencies & optimization using innovative technologies & process rationalization.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
- Chartered Accountant / MBA from a reputed institute
- 14+ years of proven experience in Product Control / Accounting / Financial Reporting
- Panache for innovation & optimization. Working knowledge of VBA / R Code / Python
- Self-motivated with drive for excellence and strong Analytical ability.
- Good written & verbal communication and organisational skills
- Strong business partner and team management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Expertise of MS Office applications
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.