This is a unique opportunity for a technical accounting specialist to join a rapidly expanding organisation that promises variety, growth and complexity. You will drive the development and delivery of financial controls and reporting strategies as the Financial Accountant.
Our client is a transport operator responsible for a significant national infrastructure project that works within the transport and rail sector.
The Financial Accountant position will continue to evolve but will be responsible for:
- Leading the production of the Annual Report and accounting, working with the Audit Committee and the Management Team to prepare a draft Annual Report.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the Annual report and account is comprehensive and supported by audit evidence which has been reviewed and tested
- You will liaise with the Department for Transport (DfT) on the completion and delivery of the Group consolidation packs and the Whole of Government Accounting activity.
- You will be responsible for maintaining and promoting financial controls and ensure the company can be compliant with Government financial reporting standards, policies and procedures.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the Balance Sheet; reconciliations, reviews and reporting.
- Responsible for management of working capital and cash to ensure business liquidity
- You will lead on 'preventing fraud, corruption and bribery' activity liaising with DfT where applicable
- Oversee all VAT related matters
As the Financial Accountant you will at last 3 years' accounting experience in a similar role:
Your qualification, skills and experience will include:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- You will have the right to work in the UK
- Recognised experience in a similar role with strong technical accounting background
- Experience of producing Annual Accounts, knowledge of financial systems, regulations and procedures
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge and experience of application
- Strong people and team management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An appreciation for driving innovation, change and continuous improvement in an industry or organisation
- UK Public Sector experience is advantageous, UK Rail or Capital programmes knowledge is also valued
- Competitive base salary (Depending on experience)
- This organisation supports flexible and remote working, with some office travel may be required upon change to governmeent guidelines.
- Application deadline: 30th January 2021
- Interviews expected to take place at the start of February remotely
- In order for your application to be considered, please provide a supporting summary of suitability that outlines your technical accounting background and how you meet the successful candidate criteria
- Up to 20% bonus based on individual and company performance
- Up to 12% employer's pension contribution
- 25 days holiday a year (plus the 8 English bank holidays) + up to 5 days to buy
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- On-the-spot and annual awards
- Advanced learning and development programmes
- Great work-life balance and flexible working opportunities
- Enhanced family-friendly policies
- Exceptional IT tools
"London, Milton Keynes, National, Transport and Rail, Public Sector "