Look after the accounts payable function of relevant warehouse location
· Preparation of weekly 1099 workings for the contractors and ensuring timely payments
· Daily review of hours worked from ADP system and getting approval from managers for previous days’ hours.
· Compile accurate headcount numbers – including heads paid via 1099, heads included in independent contractors bills, and temp workers not on ADP
· Deal with vendors to ensure accuracy and timely processing of invoices
· Responsible for dealing with day to day accounting matters of the warehouse location
· Responsible for ensuring optimal utilization of resources in warehouse location – identify potential wastage and assist the manager to investigate and find solutions
· Work with warehouse managers to improve profitability and reduce operational costs
· Support warehouse managers in selecting vendors to ensure cost-effectiveness
· Deal with financial queries and inquiries from Warehouse Managers
· Responsible for claims checks to ensure proper procedure and approval is followed and maintaining chargebacks
· Signing off monthly Profit and Loss account for the site and getting confirmation from the WH manager for accuracy of the expense recorded
· Month-end analysis for the Warehouse managers on the P&L as requested
· Daily weekly and monthly Management reporting for the Warehouse Managers
· Prepare various internal reports for Warehouse Managers as requested
· Other duties and projects as assigned by the Line Manager.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Member or finalists of any professional accounting body (ACCA / ICAP /CIMA/ ICMAP).
- Must possess advanced level expertise with Microsoft Excel.