Accounting Team Lead
Reporting directly to Finance Manager, you will be accountable for key functional scope which includes general accounting, month end close and reporting, statutory audit and tax support functions.
Our Client is a listed MNC, well respected player and premium brand in the market. They are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. They are looking to on board a dynamic Accounting Team Lead who can assist the business at a time of rapid growth and make a key contribution to the business.
- Review and post journals, perform General Accounting related month end closing tasks and prepare monthly reports
Manage month-end closing activities inclusive of areas such as cash management, intercompany, fixed assets, lease accounting and contra revenue
- Review/ prepare financial statements including income statements, balance sheets and other accounting statements for regional reviews
- Develop and maintain records of all general ledger accounts and all monthly and quarterly journal entries necessary for monthly close; enters journal entries, reconcile all accounts and investigate reconciling items
- Maintain compliance with accounting standards and regulations (e.g., U.S. GAAP, SOX, and local regulations)
- Lead and drive US and statutory accounting GAAP compliance, conversant with IFRS and US GAAP and the respective impacts to statutory accounting
- Cooperate closely with other cross functional and cross-regional teams - AR, AP, Payroll, FP&A, Treasury, Tax, Internal Audit, SOX
- Oversee all statutory compliance requirements (annual accounts, financial audits, direct and indirect tax returns, statistics, etc), coordinates the approach with external service providers
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, prepares the audit timing plan, owns the end-to-end audit process
- Responsible for hiring, training for new hires, performance reviews, resolving grievances and coaching for performance
- Act as an escalation point for junior team members
- Any other duties assigned by immediate superior
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance & Accounting or related field, and professional qualification (CA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an MNC environment within RTR operations
- Exposure in a large and reputable audit firm would be an added advantage
- Must have experience in handling compliance for Tax, Audit and Statutory Reporting
- Knowledge of US GAAP, Local GAAP, SOX Compliance norms relating to the accounting process
- Experience in using ERP system
- Excellent communication skills and proficient in both written and oral, English
- Good time and workload management, able to meet strict deadlines with quality output
- People management skills with minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience
- Attractive remuneration package
- Opportunity for career progression within the organization.
- Excellent working environment.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact En Xin Yap on +603 2302 4065.