Payroll Assistant required to join a Swansea based practice. Become an integral and crucial member of a growing team.
A leading practice undergoing continued and sustained positive expansion and growth. The firm and Payroll Assistant role provide genuine prospects for long-term career progression, development and Partner opportunities.
The key responsibilities for this Payroll Assistant position at a leading accountancy firm based in Swansea are:
- Processing weekly and monthly payrolls using mainly Sage 50 Payroll software but also Quickbooks and Xero;
- Processing Auto Enrolment pension contributions and assessing employee eligibility;
- Preparing pension files and uploading to a range of pension providers;
- Preparing bank payment files and processing payments;
- Producing documents including summary reports and journals;
- Issuing documents for employees including payslips and P45 forms;
- Understanding legislation surrounding tax, National Insurance, Real-Time Information and Auto Enrolment pensions;
- Manually calculating pay from gross to net and statutory entitlements where necessary to assist with queries; and
- Dealing with enquiries from clients, their employees and HMRC.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Payroll Assistant role at a leading Accountancy firm in Swansea, you must be:
- Previous experience working in an accountancy practice environment, or bureau environment;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of payroll addition and deduction payments;
- Excellent time management and organisation skills;
- Previous experience with Xero, Quickbooks, and Sage 50;
- Great people and management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to work accurately and analyse a range of financial information; and
- Great work ethic and eye for detail.
Competitive salary (negotiable and dependent on experience);
Fantastic office location;
Well established, supportive team; and
Flexible working hours.