Associate, Private Equity Coverage
Overall Job Purpose
The Private Equity (PE) Coverage team is a specialist business development function within RSM’s Corporate Finance department that supports the identification and generation of new business opportunities for the firm.
The core responsibility of the team is to build and manage the firm’s relationships with the private equity market. The team has relationships with over 300 private equity firms that are investing in the UK and meets with them regularly to provide deal flow and insights, to identify fee-earning opportunities for RSM and to build a detailed knowledge of each fund’s strategy and operation. The PE Coverage team utilises these relationships to assist colleagues from various service lines in winning work from private equity investors and the companies that they have invested in.
You will be working closely with and reporting to the Head of PE Coverage and you will assist in the further development of RSM’s private equity business. We are a small, relationship-driven team and you will be exposed to senior colleagues, a varied workload and a high level of responsibility.
- Assisting in the development, execution and evaluation of RSM’s private equity business development strategy, in support of the relevant partners
- Researching, analysing and tracking private equity firms' investment criteria and portfolio composition through proprietary databases, news feeds and client meetings
- Assisting the corporate finance team in identifying the most likely PE buyers of businesses we are working with
- Monitoring and tracking of private equity work won across the firm
- Coordinating with numerous other private equity-facing professionals within RSM and across the international network to assist in identifying, preparing and pitching for work.
- Organised, articulate and able to build relationships
- An inquisitive mind and commercial outlook with a strong interest in M&A and private equity
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Confident and motivated to build strong presentational, communication and written skills
- Excellent organisational capabilities
- Able to work both autonomously and within a team
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.