GL Assistant Manager [ SSC]
- Leading a team of 15 - 20 GL personnel under the GL teams covering both APAC and EMEA regions.
- Ensuring that consistent best practice controls are in place and meet the company's quality and compliance standards.
- Challenge and drive positive changes into best practices in terms of the General Ledger process and people management.
Our client is a large and globally known Manufacturing company based in Subang Jaya. They have been established for many years and is a market leader in their industry. The recent change in the Finance team has opened a vacancy to look for talented individuals from the SSC industry who has strong leadership and team management skill to manage the existing General Ledger team.
- Ensuring that appropriate GL processes, controls, policies and procedures are in place and comply with standards
- Ensure all the KPIs and deliverables are met within deadlines given
- Serve as role-coordinator for the SAP GL access for Hub and Local Service
- Review and provide guidance to the teams in performing balance sheet reconciliation
- Perform and provide guidance in trouble shooting of issues and challenges related to General Ledger processes
- Support execution of IFRS migration to ensure all activities including training plan for knowledge capture, parallel run, work shadowing, communication plan, are delivered in an effective and timely manner
- Identify and drive the implementation of the process improvement and harmonization initiatives
- Ensure the Internal Control requirements are met and documented in a timely manner
- Liaise with Local Services, other Financial Services functional teams and Center of Excellence on IFRS related issues
- Ensure queries are attended to and resolved in a timely, responsible and proactive manner
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with other Financial Services functional teams and Center of Excellence
- To be first point of contact in any escalation for GL topics
- Providing visible leadership to the GL teams, promoting the desired SSC culture and ensuring that required levels of performance are achieved;
- Monitoring, coaching and supporting sub team leaders;
- Planning development opportunities and career goals of team members with the ultimate goal of developing and retaining employees;
- Actively undertaking activities to increase your own competency portfolio in order to ensure continued effective service delivery within the SSC;
- Act as a backup for Head of RTR as and when required
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent; relevant professional qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA, ICAEW etc.);
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience in post qualification accounting and finance, 3-4 years' experience in people management role
- Must have experienced working in a Shared Service Centre environment under General ledger/RTR team, familiar with people & change management as well as working in a multicultural, international environment , understanding of relevant regional accounting practices and the regulatory environment;
- ERP system knowledge - SAP users will be highly preferable
- Knowledge and understanding of IFRS, General Ledger process and other accounting functions
- Passion to innovation, customer obsession, drive for results, communicative, team orientated, with analytical thinking, patient, paying attention to the details, organised, training skills, leadership skills, confidentiality, problem-solving skills, with the ability to motivate people, with the ability to plan and prioritize own work and other team members, taking ownership and responsibility of outstanding issues and queries;
- Experience of working in a / within a multicultural, international environment;
In return for your dedication and hard work, you will be entitled to an attractive remuneration package as well as good company benefits. You will also get the opportunity to work in a MNC with positive working culture in a close-knitted team. There are also good learning and development opportunities for you internally.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact En Xin Yap on +603 2302 4065.